Hello Everyone,

First time posting here so please be understanding with terminology and what not - any help/suggestions is appreciated.

I have what I believe is an early singer 16k SV - only issue is there is not a model number tag on it like most (aside from the serial number - 5603810 - 1883) - Do you agree with this or have any reason for why it could be a different model?

Hopefully once this is confirmed I will be able to track down and eliminated a few of these issues:
1- When taking off the tension part from where the handwheel attached my brother broke it. I have no idea what this piece is called and have been searching high and low. It seems to have been connect by a pin to an internal spring maybe? We have not tried to remove the part stuck in the rod yet as I do not want to make a bad situation worse. I really feel even knowing the name or part number would really help.

3- I also believe that I have a jump foot and long beak shuttle - my brother and I broke the top foot and I am looking to replace this as well - any suggestions?

4- Needles, needles, needles....can anyone tell me what you would try first/what to look for?

5- Does anyone know what this little clip would be called on the slide plate? It still stays on but I would like to complete as much as possible.

Again, thanks in advance and any iformation and or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

IMG_5595.jpg

IMG_5596.jpg

IMG_5600.jpg

IMG_5601.jpg

IMG_5602.jpg

Lw member Constabulary has restored a 16kSV also, he might be able to tell you where to find some parts? Needle size should be 2047-01.

Edited by jimi

Jimi,

Thank you so much! I have reached out to he and Bob. Hoping i can get some help!

Hi There, The list of 16k machines made at Clydebank can be found here.  https://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollections/Trade-Literature/Sewing-Machines/NMAHTEX/2753/index.htm

The part with the pin looks like it was for letting the flywheel run without engaging the feet, normally for winding the bobbin. you seem to be missing the bobbin winder? I would take out the part that is left inside and try to put another shaft on it maybe threaded?

The small clip on the plate looks like it could be just for holding the thread tight before starting sewing,

And i think the only solution for the foot is to machine another??

Edited by jimi

Thank you so much - I will start paging through this as soon as I get home!

I do not know how close this is to your 16, but I hope this helps.

Sadly I have other manuals that are to large to post here, PM me.

Bert.

16-133 CLASS 16.pdf

10 hours ago, jimi said:

Hi There, The list of 16k machines made at Clydebank can be found here.  https://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollections/Trade-Literature/Sewing-Machines/NMAHTEX/2753/index.htm

The part with the pin looks like it was for letting the flywheel run without engaging the feet, normally for winding the bobbin. you seem to be missing the bobbin winder? I would take out the part that is left inside and try to put another shaft on it maybe threaded?

The small clip on the plate looks like it could be just for holding the thread tight before starting sewing,

And i think the only solution for the foot is to machine another??

Mr. Singer 45K & Smithsonian Website Sewing Machine expert.... Once again!

Thanks again for this link - I found some more information about my Sinegr 16KSV11 - at least a machine that is close as it seesm. I will add the info to my thread.

Thank you!

I have to scratch your back - or are we even now? :lol:

32 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

Mr. Singer 45K & Smithsonian Website Sewing Machine expert.... Once again!

Thanks again for this link - I found some more information about my Sinegr 16KSV11 - at least a machine that is close as it seesm. I will add the info to my thread.

Thank you!

I have to scratch your back - or are we even now? :lol:

:thumbsup: You should have the Smithsonian website Bookmarked! And thanks to the Smithsonian website Once again!  :lol: