EllenFox

Consew 206rb-2 help

Good afternoon, I'm new and really need help. I purchased a consew 206rb-2 and the upper thread breaks after 2 revolutions. I downloaded a manual and parts diagrams for a 206rb-1. I think I'm missing just a felt guide and needle bar thread guide. I took it to a repair shop and he explained that I'm missing a needle clamp. He says the needle clamp goes on the needle bar and the thread guide and set screw go into it.  I can't find any picture or diagrams for a needle clamp.  Can you help me?  This is how the machine came.

consew1.JPG.99d70be54276d4dfa9072461de3de015.JPG

Do you have a copy of the manual for it?

When I have top thread breaking it means I have the top threading wrong, maybe a picture of your threading of the top thread would help to comment on your problem.

Bert.

I'll try to help. I have had these machines continually since 1974 and have

done my own service.  Do the following remove throat plate (needle plate 2 screws). With

the needle bar at dead bottom, move up .17" take a picture of hook under throat plate

this will give me a idea of timing.  Also need picture of threading.   tx Lynn

@EllenFox  Moved your post to Leather Sewing Machines.  You'll find more help here.

Also about breaking the top thread, take a look at this post from just a few days ago.  Another is to make sure you have enough top tension, but I'd suspect the post I linked to first.  Happened to me as well.

Tom

Looks like you're missing the needle bar thread guide.  I doubt that is the only problem if the thread is breaking after two stitches.  Usually if I notice that my thread has slipped out of the needle bar thread guide, it will start to shred the thread after sewing for a while.  It's an important part to replace, and luckily only costs a few dollars.  

Post pictures of your thread path, and list the needle size and thread size you're using.  People here are glad to help.  

If you're using old thread... no matter how good it looks... throw it out!

If you're using unmarked or loose needles... throw them out!

I cannot tell you how many sewing problems are caused by old thread or bent / incorrect needles.

Good luck with it.  

Edited by Pintodeluxe

Please post a frontal photo showing the thread path, especially the top tension disks and the check spring disks. The screw position in the curved slot may need to be tweaked to give a little more slack top thread.

That is the wrong needle set screw in the machine!

glenn

Thank-you very much for your responses.  I decided to purchase a new needle bar complete with thread guide, thread guide set screw and needle set screw for the machine.  I also purchased felt guide for the machine. This will still put me under 900.00 total - so I don't think it's too bad.  Just please agree with me - :yes:  Once they arrive we'll see what happens.

This machine never had a needle clamp, only a set screw for the needle.

Missing are the needle bar thread guide, 10533 see attached image, and the needle bar thread guide set screw.  The needle set screw, that is correct in the needle bar, goes through the needle bar thread guide.  10535 is the needle set screw, and again appears correct.  If the needle bar does not hole this screw, get a new one and see if the needle bar threads are blown out, and then it's time for a new needle bar complete.  It's not uncommon.  

10533.png

Finally the machine is working.  I bought all the missing pieces my husband put them on and we took the machine to Meissner's in Sacramento. They went through it and got it working.  I should have taken it to Meissner's in the first place. My family has been using them for years but  no I thought I'd try to find a place closer. I was wrong. Thanks for your all your guidance.