Hildebrand

Drop down edge guide for CB 4500

What are the options for a drop down edge guide on the CB 4500?  Are there any pre drilled holes for mounting or do I have to drill my own?

Thank you,

Todd

Apparently there are different versions of the CB-4500 floating around different parts of the world. I have yet to see one with pre-drilled holes for mounting an edge guide. Can you upload a picture of the back of your machine where the guide would mount?

There are lots of edge guide options available on Ebay and other sources. Common names include KG-867 and KG-967.

You’ll need an adapter like the KB-205 in order to install most of the suitable edge guides to your machine. You should also consider an extension for the manual foot lift lever, since the original lever will interfere with the edge guide operation.

If your machine doesn’t have pre-drilled holes, this video I will give you an idea of what you’ll need to do:

Uwe,

Thank you for the information.  I will get a picture of the back of the machine tonight.

Todd

"Apparently there are different versions of the CB-4500 floating around different parts of the world. I have yet to see one with pre-drilled holes for mounting an edge guide."

Mine came with the holes already there, I just had to make an adapter plate. I just assumed it was the same on all CB4500's.:dunno: Hence my post.

It appears mine has 2 threaded holes on the back so I am set. 

Thank you everyone for the help. 

Todd3F943B29-FEAD-43F5-9BFB-F2C249E19025.jpeg.4c51e445d4f7d5472103c14f3ee82499.jpegSorry the picture is sideways. Not sure how to rotate it. 

Edited by Hildebrand
Sideways picture

I'm not sure, but this appears to be the bracket with hardware used to mount a swing guide.  Usually the bracket mounting screws in the casting are 6X1mm set screws.  Again, I'm not sure about any of this, but this is where I would start.

KB205.png