I made this for a guy at work. It was a father's day gift for his dad. I've made a few holsters before but this is the first one I've actually felt good about. It's not perfect but it's the fist time I've looked at a finished product and seen more beauty than flaw. Unfortunately, I neglected to take a picture with the gun actually holstered.

IMG_20200619_212803_4.jpg

IMG_20200619_212817_0.jpg

Edited by cbossio

Nice job.

Nice piece!

I like it!

Nice work!

Nice work... How did you attach the US Army medallion? I did one years ago with a state seal medallion and it had a binding screw post that went all the way through. I am not seeing a bump between the two pieces of leather where a screw head would be - if that makes sense...

Very nice!  Love the medallion and am wondering how it is mounted too?  Love it!

It's just a screw back concho. Nothing special done to it. The head of the screw was fairly flat and I used 9-10 oz leather. The small head wasn't a large enough object to make a dent in the back of the holster.

In the past when the leather wasn't thick enough to hide the screw head, I rotated a punch like a hole saw to cut into the back of the leather (not cutting all the way through and only spinning the punch, not using a mallet) and then used a hobby knife to hollow out the cut. The screw head then sits in the hollowed out portion of the leather.

Edited by cbossio

Ahh, OK.  I've used a Forstner bit to sink a hole in leather before.

My dad has carried a p89 since the day they rolled them put on the shelves. I shpuld make him one

On 7/3/2020 at 12:48 PM, Simplejack1985 said:

My dad has carried a p89 since the day they rolled them put on the shelves. I shpuld make him one

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I could send you my chicken-scratch pattern if you're interested.

IMG_20200609_124951_1.jpg

Heck yeah ill take the pattern