Adler 30-70 advice

Here's my Adler 30-1 stand ..(bare metal restore)

Servo motorised ..head out in the shop as I'm building a table for it..

Hammer finish paint ..but I can't get a variety of shades in NZ anymore. I had to resort to blending the colour.. a little too green and another issue with blending - it can lose the hammer finish..trick to get that back was to over stipple with a coarse brush..there should be a variety of shades in the US 

IMG_20200629_225348319-2.jpg

I work mostly on English saddlery. I just happened upon this machine and thought I would replace zippers in tall English riding boots. So I mostly look at it lol. I will oil and run it to keep it moving. I am kind of a sewing machine junky. Can't help it, that's why I have had several Singer patchers come through my shop. I like cleaning them up and get them running again. The Adler was mint and all I did was change the motor to a servo and add a speed reducer.

C7F56B73-33D2-4FB0-B40D-0B71A8686727.jpeg

Edited by Old Coach Saddlery
Photo

On 6/29/2020 at 5:31 PM, Old Coach Saddlery said:

I work mostly on English saddlery. I just happened upon this machine and thought I would replace zippers in tall English riding boots. So I mostly look at it lol. I will oil and run it to keep it moving. I am kind of a sewing machine junky. Can't help it, that's why I have had several Singer patchers come through my shop. I like cleaning them up and get them running again. The Adler was mint and all I did was change the motor to a servo and add a speed reducer.

C7F56B73-33D2-4FB0-B40D-0B71A8686727.jpeg

That’s a nifty stand!! Is that an Adler original?  Thinking to motorize. Thoughts on the best way to go about it?

really getting attached to this machine. Threaded it with some 207ish (might even be a little bigger) and it stitched really nice!!  

98A20F78-BE01-4A18-A400-F6EB67B2E393.jpeg

No it was a Sutton stand. It came with the sewing machine. They are used in the shoe industry. I removed the motor and replaced it with a servo and speed reducer. I kept the stand because its compact and put wheels on it so I could tuck it in a corner of the shop and pull it out when needed. I think your Adler is an early model. You should be able to run the motor off the backside of your table. i used a piece of plywood to extend the table out for that purpose.  

So the cool little cover is repaired. A little sitching (thanks to a bored mother-in-law) and couple pieces of duct tape on the inside. Love the novelty of the original items. They probably don’t mean alot but I think it’s cool they are still with the machine. 

91942699-CA79-4410-9F3A-E6B5D9467746.jpeg