Gregspitz

tension issue only in one direction

having trouble with Techsew 2750 prothat I have been using for years with 2 layers of calfskin glued with Masters 18 needle,69 thread top and bottom

went through the drill of getting tension correct and when I sew seen in the picture the top stitch looks fine but when I go in the vertical direction in the picture the knots are consistenly showing on the bottom

when I go horizontal in the picture seen here top and bottom tension are fine

HELP?? not sure what else to do here I have re threaded, changed needles, tension spring is fine etc everything I know to do..

thank you for any help here

(Techsew customer support is now by email only and they did not help me like they used to)

Greg

IMG_5130.JPG

bottom is on left and top stitch is on right

Make sure that the tensions are set to give you a balanced stitch.  Sew enough for a good sewn sample then cut apart the goods in the middle, say, four layers, in between the 2nd and the 3rd layers.  If the interlocking knot is not there, adjust the tension so that it is.  This should help provide a stronger stitch, and should do a much better job to hide knots top or bottom.