toxo

Brine shrimp!

4 hours ago, Retswerb said:

Any fresh news, @toxo? This thread is wholesome and needs an update.

It's not very long but you get the idea. Gonna have to move em soon.

18 hours ago, Retswerb said:

Looking good!

Not really. You don't get any idea of the size. Those big ones are an inch across. I tried to do a big boys vid but my brain fried. Maybe one day.  Sigh!

Now the weather is improving this will be the last update before they go in the pond.

They have done well. the biggest are around 61/2 to 7 inches long. There are a couple that should have been culled way back but I reckon theyve come this far so leave em be.

I hope you've enjoyed this little experiment.

55 minutes ago, Retswerb said:

They’re beauties, Toxo! Time to start a new batch.

Thanks Brewster but I won't do it again. Got too much going on and I never have had a tank with lots of fish swimming around. My thing was always a single pair. People with community tanks don't know what they're missing. I've bred Dwarf Gouramis in 8 inches of water and watched them build a bubble nest and care for the babies that are so small you get eye strain just looking for em they're that small. Watch a pair of Tilapia Mozambique (mouthbrooders). He'll scoop up great mouthfuls of gravel when nest building and spray it all over the glass. You won't see them do the deed but you know when her lower jaw droops she's got eggs in there. When the time is right and there's no danger around she spits out a black cloud of babies and if she suspects any danger she sucks em all back up like a hoover. Wonderful. The pinnacle is breeding Discus. What a beautiful fish and to watch em going through all the motions has to be seen and more devoted parents you'll not find.

Of course none of this can happen in a community tank and if it did the other fish would eat the eggs.

I'll try to do a better vid, don't know what happened with that one but it isn't right.