YinTx

Just trying out some of my new tools...

Tried a little practice piece, and decided to make it into something.  Trying the new Robert Beard and Barry King and Sergey Neskromniy stamps.

Here is what I came up with.

YinTx

Planner1.thumb.jpg.16ea66c8aee0c0ad9f06408d88be1076.jpg

Planner2a.thumb.jpg.9679bec34ea6416fdf92b29d271d9b43.jpg

Planner3a.thumb.jpg.fb8139505f8887f128966e9f8ded881a.jpg

Beautifully done!

Looks good!   I especially like the "pillowing" on the back!   

- Bill

You've improved a good bit @YinTx! I too like the pillowing and I think that both the flower and the leaf look great!

On 7/3/2020 at 7:16 AM, Rohn said:

Beautifully done!

Thanks much, @Rohn!

On 7/3/2020 at 7:21 AM, billybopp said:

Looks good!   I especially like the "pillowing" on the back!   

- Bill

Appreciate it @billybopp.  The back was done with the Sergey stamps.  I had designed one in my mind after putting so much effort into the tufted look a while back, but then he made this so I gave it a whirl.  Came out well enough!

14 hours ago, battlemunky said:

You've improved a good bit @YinTx! I too like the pillowing and I think that both the flower and the leaf look great!

Thank you @battlemunky.  I did a few practice runs, and a certain someone got upset that I was spending hours making something that was going into the garbage can, so I decided to practice on something big enough I could make something small out of it if it came out well enough.   Here were the offending practice pieces:

PracticeCornersLoRes.thumb.jpg.adab17f94331510e201565f8555779d4.jpg

They came out ok, but the scrap pieces were too small to make into anything.

YinTx

nice job Yin, why u worrying about what someone else thinks? Last winter i worked to complete Steve Yezeks challenge of 100 flowers in one hundred days. It didn't work out like i wanted (took more than 100 days) but did manage to complete around 100 + flowers n other things. i dated and numbered them then put them in a 3 ring binder as i completed them that way i could track if i was making any headway. i learned a lot and could use the completed pieces to test new techniques as i already had a good idea of what i did wrong on the finished ones. and i used up a pile of scrap that i wouldn't use for anything else. sad to say I'm a long way from Steve's class but had a great time behind the hammer.

1 hour ago, cardinal leather said:

nice job Yin, why u worrying about what someone else thinks?

If you are referring to the individual that was upset my scrap bits of tooling like the ones I showed were going into the garbage, it's because I like to spend on tools and leather without complaints from the other half.  :)  Keep her happy, keep me happy!  When she likes what I make, she doesn't frown too much when I order tools like the ones I used on these!  Her point is valid, the time is more valuable than the leather, if it comes out well, I can make it into something, if not, eh - out a bit o leather!

1 hour ago, cardinal leather said:

Steve Yezeks challenge of 100 flowers in one hundred days.

I don't think I'd manage it either, way too many interruptions.  And that's a lot of flowers!  You should start a thread showing every 10th one (10 total photos) so we could see how much improvement happens with the technique!

YinTx

22 hours ago, AlexOstacchini said:

Great stuff as usual

Thanks much, I aspire to be as good as you!

YinTx

On 7/4/2020 at 12:40 PM, YinTx said:

The back was done with the Sergey stamps.

as in @arbalet12's stamps.  If you are on the fence at all, don't hesitate.  They are well made and work well for the price point.

YinTx