Sign in to follow this  
shaymus

Adler 467 with Efka control system

I just purchased an Adler 467. It seems like a pretty amazing machine. It originally had the Efka V720 control system and the pneumatic controls for reverse, presser foot lift and It has the needle position sensor. It has magnetic solenoids for the thread cutter and tension release, and a DC servo motor. The machine has been simplified by removing the components, and now has a generic servo motor. I have read through gottaknow's thread troubleshooting an Adler 467 and learned a ton about the oiling system and what it took to get the machine going. Amazing resource and knowledge there.

The previous owner removed the Efka system and installed a servo motor because the original control system requires a 230V AC, single phase input, as well as an air line and I don't think those were an option for him. Now that it has been converted, there is no knee lift, the needle position sensor is not able to be connected to the current servo motor for needle-down stopping, and the thread cutter is hooked up to anything. Also, the automated bar tacking / stitch reversing programs do not work. I have these features on my Juki N5550-6 and they are awesome!

My short term goal with this machine is to get the machine cleaned up, oiled, and working with the generic servo motor and getting some generic knee-lift system working The machine does not have a knee lift for the presser foot as one of the pneumatic cylinders did that duty. Now that the air system is not hooked up, there is no way to raise the presser foot without using the lever behind the hand wheel. It's in an awkward position.

In the long run, I would love to get it working like it was originally configured with the thread cutter, needle position sensor, automatic back tacking, and the pneumatic reverse and knee lift working.

Any info on the Efka v720 that was on this Adler 467 would be awesome. I don't know if the motor and control system can be converted work on 110V, or if the entire control system and motor would need to be replaced to work on 110v. I can't imagine that would be cost-effective. 

DSC_3584.jpg

DSC_3562.jpg

DSC_3581.jpg

DSC_3564.jpg

DSC_3568.jpg

DSC_3582.jpg

I have this machine with an efka control system not the 720 but a i70 motor and c300 panel.It probaly does the same as the 720. I have a few downloads if you go this route1685557471_typical2.thumb.jpg.414c674fbcf571ac3ca24a18caae5885.jpg

I'm doing almost the exact same thing on a Singer 211u867 originally equipped with a clutch motor, EFKA controller w/ V720 control panel. I'm in the process of updating to a full function servo controller w/EPS (i.e. EFKA AB321/DC1550 or Ho Hsing i70) and restoring all of the pneumatic functions (foot lift, tension release, reverse, thread cutter).

I purchased the head along with a box of pneumatic parts (from 4 machines) and have only a vague idea of how to get it all functioning again. I don't have any documentation or photos of an original configuration, but I hope someone here does--as I too could use the help.

211u867_front.jpg

211u867_pneumatic.jpg

OH MY GOD - to be honest if you do not need all the bells & whistles - remove them and buy a plain new servo motor. I tried to re set up something similar but different motor and I gave up just too much time and money and it was not worth both IMO.

My thinking back then was wow - industrial sewing stuff... so cool, will be great to use... I soon dropped this idea and the whole thing went to the junk yard - just everything including the machine. This was many many years ago and I do not regret. And I tried it a second time with a Pfaff bar tacker - same thing... it went to the junk yard. Not worth my time and money. Lesson learned.

Keep things simple if you can.

Edited by Constabulary

@Constabulary I think that is good advice. I want it all to work because it came with all the stuff and I like the tinkering. However, I have been searching for parts and information and am coming up with very little. The machine sews fantastically with a generic servo motor already, minus a few parts for the manual operation. I think letting it go would be the wise choice.

Does anyone have a good source for Adler parts? I need the knee lift assembly and the reverse lever. Those pieces were not with the machine as they were pneumatic.

The knee lift assembly is 367-13-062-4 and the reverse lever is 367-16-052-3 and 367-16-058-3 I believe.

Thanks in advance.

Often these machines are setup to customers specs by different companies and you do not find a manual for a particular setup. I like tinkering too (hell, I do!) but wasting time and money and not coming to an end with a setup for maybe months is just senseless.

Maybe check with MJFoley

http://www.mjfoleyco.com/sewing/durkopp-adler/