Hi all,

Here are a couple of commissioned pieces ready to be sent off to their new homes on opposite sides of the world. These are custom cases for vernier and digital callipers. I didn't own a digital pair the correct size so initially turned the job down, but it turned out the client worked in 3D printing and was able to create a mock up, which was then sent to my friend and printed locally. Bam, it could now be made. I am normally a bit of a luddite and carve formers out of wood when I need them but this is an application I had never really considered and has got me wondering about other projects. It certainly did the job.

Technical rundown: These are both 2.5mm veg tan, hand tooled and stitched, and closed with sam browne buttons. Initials were requested along the gauge on the larger case and so these have been taken from a Western style alphabet and carved in. 

I hope you like them!

Alex

1.JPG.84a705767482c921d96e5bd4680dc04d.JPG2.jpg.4ba1bae73c236c8d57667a2ec709c6d9.jpg3.jpg.90b6c30a269ea40ea84dd65564939b65.jpg4.jpg.c9cf739ed19c80c219ab8074851cc715.jpg5.jpg.e463c5ae14f33dd75bd0d3ee0121dd3e.jpg

wow those are awesome! Beautiful in every way!

beautiful work  My big mouth is actually speechless 

Very nice work

Very nice... but if I could make just one suggestion...

Put those in a box and send em my way... hahaha!

They are really nice. Good work.

Those are fantastic, and a great use of technology as well.  If you are doing a lot of formed work, I imagine a 3D printer would be a useful tool, along with many other uses.  

YinTx

Very cool.  Those are beautiful.