Lisa907

Letter stamps

Hi- I’m looking for a really good set of letter stamps- the whole alphabet- Does anyone have any recommendations? 

I have a couple sets from Tandy- but not really impressed with the quality or selection of fonts. 

Thanks!

a. question - what size of letter do you want?

b. questions - upper case only, lower case only or both?

There are not really a lot of sets made out there.  Only other maker I know of is 'IVAN' and what they make/made is very limited as well.

You need to search through the likes of Ebay,   WORLD-WIDE  to find sets, especially long discontinued ones. And be prepared to pay over the odds for a set you really like*. Also search out independent leather tool shops, Tandy type re-sellers. They may have an old set gathering dust on a back shelf**

* I paid 2.5 times what I really wanted to pay for a rare set of letters which I decided suited a current project

** I found a set of lowercase letters to match an uppercase set I had in a re-seller shop in a remote corner of the US, after searching world-wide for months for the lowercase set.

Corrected link to article.

Had some issues with internet.  That article on Tutorial--Typography in Leather  has been moved to:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qgV6aH_FkHa5lBX_kNceroW2elQju_XW/view