Josacraw

Bernina 217n-8 adding roller puller

Can the roller puller be added to the 217 or was that a factory built option? The machine has a removable plate on the back. I've reached out to folks that make the Global zz 217 clones to see if they can provide the parts. 

I'd like to add this since I would be using the machine to sew sails.

Thanks

Edited by Josacraw

We have very few are sail makers here I guess and pullers are for sure not wide spread in Leather work ;). But to evaluate "the plate on the back" of your machine some pictures would be helpful.

Here's the photos of the back plate

IMG_2517.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

Screenshot_20200713-143616.png

Edited by Josacraw

Screenshot_20200713-143540.pngI believe 303.250.041 is what drives the roller arm aka 333.172.130.

Unfortunately I'm waiting to see if I can add the roller before purchasing the machine so I'm limited on what I can find out.

Edited by Josacraw

I really can´t help here. For me it would just the other way around, if my machine had a puller I´d remove it - so I´m sorry. ;)

But Durkopp-Adler (or rather ADLER) also sold the Bernina 217 as Adler 1217 AFAIK - maybe that gives you an idea...

I got Swiss.217 also, and the factory Cam box's and Puller set-ups are real hard to run into . The 217 is a quality gem, but rarely have I seen anyone selling used puller and cam box for them . I would love to score on an old cam box .
Global also ( has or had ? ) a clone also . Looks exact copy to mine, with straight-stitch and ZZ, and needle position slide . The only thing they did not remake with there copy, is they left-off the top on-board bobbin winder .

they look to have a internet page/linking 217 with advertising there puller and Cam Box .

https://youtu.be/uRP4EXWJe3M

https://globalsew.com/product/zz-217-series/

-

Edited by nylonRigging

The good news is global says the puller will fit the machine. The bad news is they want 400 for it. That combined with the 900 the guy wants for the 217 is well outside of my budget. 

There's an alternative to global called topeagle. Their LZH-217-3S-P is another 217 clone. It wouldn't surprise me if topeagle makes the Global. They quoted me 1250 for the machine and puller no table or motor last fall.

20 hours ago, Josacraw said:

The good news is global says the puller will fit the machine. The bad news is they want 400 for it. That combined with the 900 the guy wants for the 217 is well outside of my budget. 

There's an alternative to global called topeagle. Their LZH-217-3S-P is another 217 clone. It wouldn't surprise me if topeagle makes the Global. They quoted me 1250 for the machine and puller no table or motor last fall.

$400 dollars is a very low price for a factory puller, especially for the quality.  IMCA Global Minerva makes their own machines and parts, they make the 217N Copy.