Unrusted

Howdy from the UK

Hello everyone, it's nice to meet you all.

The contributions from this site have been helpful when I've been researching through a problem, an interest, or looking for inspiration so I thought I'd join.

I started hand stitching in my late teens. None of it very good but an enjoyable hobby that taught me patience and developed a love for the durability and comfort of leather. Made various things that I didn't find satisfactory with off the shelf products. Jacket, boots, belts, hat. Some hand stitched, some by machine. 

I've been in the UK for about 10 years but Arizona is home. Another year or so before I'll head back but decided some years ago to collect a half dozen different Clydebank Singers /vintage machines while I was here. I've got a few issues with the 29K at the moment, and hoping you guys can help me sort it out. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Unrusted said:

I've got a few issues with the 29K at the moment, and hoping you guys can help me sort it out

This'd be the right place for sure and a big welcome to you. Have you a manual for the 29K and if not what is the full number of it.

Welcome to the forum and what are the issues? (Pictures are the best way to go, that way someone might be able to spot the problem)

Thank you both. I have a 29K58 and yes thank you I have a manual for it. Someone was kind enough to post a manual here and I pulled down a copy of it. In following of the rules ill post a separate thread for the issues I'm having. 

I acquired a 29K58 earlier this year and after a bit of work and few new parts I have a nice machine sewing just over a 4 mm stitch.

I had to re-paint the treadle and now I have a nice looking machine that works

I was lucky, I found no problem that I could not fix, I put it on casters so it is easier to move around, I put all my machines on casters.

Bert.

Welcome to the forum.