I've got a friend in another state who wants me to make a holster for his Chiappa Rhino 60 DS.  I've searched the forums here and haven't found much information.  Does anyone have a template, or know of where to get one, or any recommendations on how to make a holster for it without one?  Thanks!

You have your work cut out for you on that one.  I doubt if any of the mold makers have one for that.

You will either have to have him give you the gun . . . or . . . make a mold yourself. 

It can be done . . . I have a drawer full of mold models I've made over the years . . . a band saw, drill press, a 12 inch disc sander . . . and a 30 inch belt sander are all used for just about any I've done.

Personally . . . I'd have to hit him up for some mold money as well as the holster . . . OR . . . you make just a generic fold over holster that wlll hold it.  

The one good thing about making the mold yourself. . . . you will learn skills that cannot be taught in a school or class . . . 

Best wishes my friend . . . may God bless,

Dwight

Appreciate that Dwight, I haven't posted much here but I've read many of your posts and learned a lot from the advice you've given others on here.

Edited by thawk8541

Got it finished. As you can tell it was loosely based on Will Ghormley’s Hand of God rig but I made a few modifications. It was a little bit of a challenge due to the pistol being in another state. My friend sent me a couple pictures of the pistol next to a measuring tape. I built a wooden form based on those pictures. 

EDA5BCB8-3ADB-4F11-BD5F-610FA420A35E.jpeg

36D586BD-8C13-4DF3-8ECE-BD53FAF11B89.jpeg

Edited by thawk8541

Looks good from here.

Revolvers . . . especially in western rigs are really OK with home grown models . . . semi-autos in CCW rigs are a different story  . . . but it CAN BE done.

Hang onto that model . . . word gets out . . . you may be Mr. Chiappa . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

On 9/16/2020 at 8:58 AM, thawk8541 said:

Got it finished. As you can tell it was loosely based on Will Ghormley’s Hand of God rig but I made a few modifications. It was a little bit of a challenge due to the pistol being in another state. My friend sent me a couple pictures of the pistol next to a measuring tape. I built a wooden form based on those pictures. 

EDA5BCB8-3ADB-4F11-BD5F-610FA420A35E.jpeg

36D586BD-8C13-4DF3-8ECE-BD53FAF11B89.jpeg