luxuryluke

Industrial machines. (Video)

https://youtu.be/ILIR0jN2lBo

well, imagine maintaining that beast. 

on the other hand, look at what Pfaff has come up with for the shoe industry: 571, 1571

can you imagine making shoes with this dream? (I don’t make shoes, but still, right?)

...as well as this production beast:

yep, late night inspiration browsing. 
have a great night!

Typical user questions: Are these small or large hook machines, can they handle 207 thread, how high is the foot lift, can I sew holsters with them, are they tripe feed or drop feed, where cam I find binders?  I have problems with the top tension with my KL-504 can someone please help me? :blink::blahblahblah:  :lol:

Really impressive - sewing technology obviously made a few huge steps in past years. KL-504 -> Transformers are a joke compare with this sewing... thingy. :o

However - some of us still  like the old clunkers and some of use for sure like to have all the electronic bells & whistles...

The automation in the third video is quite amazing, but I really like the drop-down edge guide on the second machine, very neat and allows stitching very close to the edge.

I think, however, that I'll stick to my simple old-style machines.

1 hour ago, Constabulary said:

Typical user questions: Are these small or large hook machines, can they handle 207 thread, how high is the foot lift, can I sew holsters with them, are they tripe feed or drop feed, where cam I find binders?  I have problems with the top tension with my KL-504 can someone please help me? :blink::blahblahblah:  :lol:

Don't forget "is that large pattern stitcher available in treadle or line shaft format?" :lol::lol::lol:

@luxuryluke Thanks for sharing what you found. 99% of us will never encounter such beasts, but it's interesting seeing what's on the cutting edge of the industry. There's often some useful nugget that we can use -- I'm starting to use simple placement jigs a little like the large one in the last video in producing some of my standard products, though they go through standard sewing machines rather than modern pattern stitchers. I think I'm going to have to study that video a few more times and steal borrow some ideas.

Interesting ..... thanks.

One question.

Needle bar turning ???     Wouldn't this cause a radial miss-alignment between the scarf and the hook underneath ?

Or, is there a similar matching mechanism for the hook ?

Just wondering .....

needle bar turning.jpg

4 hours ago, Silky said:

Wouldn't this cause a radial miss-alignment between the scarf and the hook underneath ?

I am guessing here. I know a stitch can sometimes get skipped at turns because the thread loop formed at the scarf gets twisted and deformed with the material. Possibly they have a way to predict that problem when changing sewing directions and compensate for it with a slight turn of the needle bar. It could be very important in a high speed production environment.