nokiddin

Protective Phone Case

Hey everyone. 

I've recently seen some phone cases/covers on Instagram that seem to have tooled leather on regular plastic phone cases.  To be clear, I am interested in being able to do custom tooled cases that provide protection for your phone, similar to an Otterbox or Lifeproof case.  

Does anyone have more info on how this is being done? Is the leather just being glued on?  A lot of examples show clean lines and edges that look great and make the case and leather appear to be an integral piece. 

Thanks for your help! 

How about tossing us a picture or two . . . make sure what we are discussing.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks for the replies guys. 

Here are some examples of some screenshots from the web. The one must be glued, the other, I'm not so sure. 

I'm mostly interested in having the case be quality and offering good protection, not just a cheapy case. So if anyone has ideas on sources for that, that would be great. Thanks again! 

20200726_211920.jpg

20200726_211907.jpg

Unless someone had more definitive knowledge . . . my guess is contact cement.  It IS the product of choice for me when I do anything similar.

AND . . . it is a rather unique product . . . but I'm not sold on that plastic case . . . the rubber case I have extends up around the sides . . . not sure what protection these cases provide if the phone would be dropped on concrete and land on its edge.  Personally . . . while I like the esthetic properties . . . but not the practical application.

May God bless,

Dwight

sew it on. but i agree with Dwight try and get the rubber or silicone, whatever they are cases.

The silicone cell phone cases simply clip onto the phone, They cover the 4 sises and the back of  the phone.  I would say glue the leather to the back

See the source image

Thanks for the insight everyone. I think the important part in getting it to look good will be getting a nice, straight, clean beveled edge glued tight to the case.