WolfteverGunleather

Bible cover

Made this bible cover for my granddaughter. Frame is Horween Essex in natural 5/5.5 ounce, inlay is kidskin in robin's egg blue, lined with veg tan horse front. Hand stitched using .8 Tiger thread. She loves it.

There appears to be a difference in color between the front and back, but there's not. I took the front picture, then got interrupted by one of my dogs. When I came back a few minutes later and took a picture of the back, apparently the sunlight was different. I didn't notice it till later on after I had already given her the cover.

SadieBibleFront.jpgSadieBibleBack.jpg

It looks great! The curves of the brown leather on the front are a really nice addition. And that blue is so vivid!

That is really nice, and unique.  I've been working on a bible cover design, and thinking about how to go about attaching the silk ribbon place marker.  Did you add it yourself, or was it a part of the bible?  

YinTx

1 hour ago, YinTx said:

That is really nice, and unique.  I've been working on a bible cover design, and thinking about how to go about attaching the silk ribbon place marker.  Did you add it yourself, or was it a part of the bible?  

If I may say how I do it. I take a length of ribbon, about the length of the book cover plus about 7cm.  I fold each end and glue the last 1 cm of each end back on itself. One end I glue centrally in the book cover, along the top. When I then sew around the book cover the ribbon gets sewn in place too.

Beautiful work!

1 hour ago, fredk said:

When I then sew around the book cover the ribbon gets sewn in place too.

@fredk, thanks.  Do you have a photo?  I am working on a zip around cover, and I'd like to have one in there nicely, but I don't have it settled in my mind how it would go and if I'd like how it looks and functions...

YinTx

@YinTx, sorry no photos. I just checked and I have no photos, nor a book cover available to photograph

@fredk, thanks tho!  and back to the original post, sorry for the derail.  That is a cool blue!

YinTx

Wow that blue is so striking. Really cool.