I bought a vertical bag kit from Tandy to make for my granddaughter.  I decided to dye it Royal Blue and am using the Fiebring (Spelling) Pro Dye.  Dying both side of the project took me 3 bottles, this is without doing the edges yet.  The leather in the kit really soaks it up.  

I now have the color I want and it's nice and clean.  I wish they had the quarts of dye for this color but only had the 4 oz. bottles.  I now know if I try another kit I will buy lots of dye to finish it.

Pic will follow.

The leather used in Tandy kits often isn't the best quality, unfortunately!

7 hours ago, AzShooter said:

I bought a vertical bag kit from Tandy to make for my granddaughter.  I decided to dye it Royal Blue and am using the Fiebring (Spelling) Pro Dye.  Dying both side of the project took me 3 bottles, this is without doing the edges yet.  The leather in the kit really soaks it up.  

I now have the color I want and it's nice and clean.  I wish they had the quarts of dye for this color but only had the 4 oz. bottles.  I now know if I try another kit I will buy lots of dye to finish it.

. . . 

A 32 oz bottle is available. afair 32 oz is 2 US pints = 1 US Quart?

afaik all the colours in the Oil dye range and the standard acrylic range are available in 4 oz and 32 oz bottles

Yes, I've heard that the leather will drink up oil-based dyes - but, wow, three bottles seems like a lot! Glad you got the color just the way you want it, it's always satisfying when the color comes out great.