Hi All

Lone Ranger Gun Rig with one finished holster due to shop only sending me one strap buckle, when I ordered two, really wanted to get it up for sale, will have to wait another 7-11 days for the buckle set. I will have to do some thinking on the price for it, few months of planning and research have gone into it.

Regards Forester

DSCF9485_opt.jpg

DSCF9492_opt.jpg

DSCF9493_opt.jpg

DSCF9494_opt.jpg

DSCF9498_opt.jpg.4b77f20e3fbd1dbd6fa79289447be45f.jpgDSCF9499_opt.jpg.d7d52e53554d21df2f814c4874f01848.jpgDSCF9500_opt.jpg.d40f950b91026c5ec7c740f10248a091.jpgDSCF9501_opt.jpg.96ace519bb5c7adc81a510ae4bed2d7a.jpg

Not my cup of tea but that is beautifully executed. I can see where a lot of effort has gone into it. The only problem with that type of rig is that they're generally made to a specific waist size and only fit the size they're made for. I guess there's a little bit of wriggle room, but not much or the holsters won't sit correctly.

Hello Forester,

I really like this rig. Your work is outstanding and very clean. BRAVO !!!!!!!

By the way, did you sell it ?

Beautiful work!  And I can relate to the frustration of ordering/receiving the wrong number of the "little stuff." 

Hi Forester,

Looks great, can't use the Buscadero in NCOWS, but I plan on making a fancy black rig like that without the dropped Holster position.  I haven't seen the Lone Ranger in years, so he probably didn't have a different color thread, but if you're going to go FANCY, go all out.  I have enough red thread to do a whole 2 gun rig and belt in all red with Vinegaroon dyed leather.  It will be a while so don't wait up.

Later

Hi Wyatt Earp, not sold yet, having some issues with the sizing of the belt. I won't sell anything until i know i can reproduce it in any size ordered, as one member said there is not a lot of wiggle room, so the size has to be correct.

Forester

Excellent work. 

Most excellent design and execution.  I really like this setup.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:20 PM, Forester said:

Hi All

Lone Ranger Gun Rig with one finished holster due to shop only sending me one strap buckle, when I ordered two, really wanted to get it up for sale, will have to wait another 7-11 days for the buckle set. I will have to do some thinking on the price for it, few months of planning and research have gone into it.

Regards Forester

Beautiful work Forester. Can see the hours that have gone into that. Leaving aside any size issues will you get out anything like you put into it? Will you sell it here or the US?

I know of at least one pub down here in sunny Kent that's gone wild west. The garden is decked out with the fascias of a bank, saloon, barber etc and the regulars take their rig like yours from their peg and wear it along with the Stetsons and spurs while they have a beer.

There's a club in Surrey where the members have built a w/w town in the middle of a forest. Each member built a kind of holiday chalet and each had a w/w fascia. Apart from taking individual holidays there the club get's together every six weeks or so. There are Indians as well with everything authentic including the teepees around the lake. The saloon of course was real. It was all very impressive. Takes all sorts I guess.

Just remember, Forester, sometimes it ain't all on you.

I made a single gun rig for a guy a number of years back . . . similar to yours . . . just not as much bling . . . it was a 53 inch belt I made for him . . . he picked it up 6 weeks after ordering it . . . by then he needed a 56.

Thankfully . . . there was enough wiggle room . . . with a new belt tongue . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

Forester that's a ton of work and a beautiful  execution .I made one very similar belt with 30 loops and holster for an   Colt Anaconda 44 Mag I got $750.00 for it each person has there own way of pricing just thought I'd throw that out there.

This is the one I did Forester buy the way the buckle was a $100.00 extra

an001 (2) - Copy.JPG

Very nice rig Samalan, i really like the buckle and the design of the belt keeper, may have to steal that !

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 6:19 PM, toxo said:

Beautiful work Forester. Can see the hours that have gone into that. Leaving aside any size issues will you get out anything like you put into it? Will you sell it here or the US?

I know of at least one pub down here in sunny Kent that's gone wild west. The garden is decked out with the fascias of a bank, saloon, barber etc and the regulars take their rig like yours from their peg and wear it along with the Stetsons and spurs while they have a beer.

There's a club in Surrey where the members have built a w/w town in the middle of a forest. Each member built a kind of holiday chalet and each had a w/w fascia. Apart from taking individual holidays there the club get's together every six weeks or so. There are Indians as well with everything authentic including the teepees around the lake. The saloon of course was real. It was all very impressive. Takes all sorts I guess.

Next time you find yourself around southern Colorado give me a shout. I'll take you around to see a dozen saloons and bars that still feature the original 19th Century furnishings, pressed tin ceilings, and hundreds of old photos from the wild west days!

Personally, I prefer the public houses in English villages, many of which have centuries of history and continue to serve as a hub of daily life! Usually a better class of people as well. My first grandchild was born in Newmarket, Suffolk (while my son was serving in the USAF at RAF Lakenheath), and my family originally came from Bramerton, Norfolk, so I thoroughly enjoyed a few weeks in the surrounding areas.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Next time you find yourself around southern Colorado give me a shout. I'll take you around to see a dozen saloons and bars that still feature the original 19th Century furnishings, pressed tin ceilings, and hundreds of old photos from the wild west days!

Personally, I prefer the public houses in English villages, many of which have centuries of history and continue to serve as a hub of daily life! Usually a better class of people as well. My first grandchild was born in Newmarket, Suffolk (while my son was serving in the USAF at RAF Lakenheath), and my family originally came from Bramerton, Norfolk, so I thoroughly enjoyed a few weeks in the surrounding areas.

Cheers!

I used to like nothing better than driving around the English countryside and coming across tucked away pubs. They're always welcoming, the ambiece is always great and you never have to ask if you can bring your dog in. And in most of em there's always a few books and games for the winter months when customers are scarce. Can't do it as much these days with drinking and driving laws tightened up.

I can imagine there are lots of folk over there for whome time goes too fast and they hanker for times gone by, Not just the Wild West either, Over here we have a huge military show called War & Peace where every wannabe soldier goes around in every type of uniform imaginable for two weeks and as long as it's authentic it doesn't matter if it British, American, German, Japanese, etc etc.They even have a huge marquee on the dinner and dance night with a "Glen Miller" band.

It's not a bit of me but I love the passion and enthusiasm.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:06 AM, Forester said:

Very nice rig Samalan, i really like the buckle and the design of the belt keeper, may have to steal that !

Thanks Forester  one thing i like to do is lay the bullet loops on a separate billet then for the  diagonal stitching i use a v tool to make a stitching groove from point to point the billet protects the belt itself and the stitching groove keeps the edge of the brass from ever touching the thread then you can stitch the billet on or use Conchos or decorative screws.