Pauls Leather

Before I purchase a new motor - Need Help - Enduro SM445-1

Hello fellow leatherworkers, I need some help that perhaps one of you have been thru.  I have a CB3200 from Cowboy that used the Enduro SM445-1 servo motor.  a couple days ago I was sewing heavy 9 oz leather double stacked which normally the machine doesn't even bat an eye at.  But something strange happened that felt like it jammed and it just stopped moving the needle.  At first I thought the sewing machine internals got jammed or the timing was skewed.  I felt when I spun the pulley manually like something was jamming it up but was skipping. 

after diagnosing I pulled the belt of the enduro pulley and when I spun it did the same thing that the machines pulley did so it definitely is coming from the motor. 

On the LCD display I also got an E1 error code.  troubleshooting guide says to just power off the motor and if it goes away it was just a fluke but if it doesn't the circuit board needs to be replaced. 

Any thoughts on that?  I found a replacement already but before I buy it just wanted to make sure it wasn't as basic as that and perhaps there is something else I can do. 

TIA

Might I offer a suggestion? If your motor is a toaster, instead of buying another one like it, why not cop a boo at the motor I use; the Family Sew FS-550S? It has a simple rotary switch to limit the top speed.

I'm pretty sure the motor is toast. I can't seem to find anything else online talking about the symptoms.  Thanks for the suggestion I'm highly considering it. 

22 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

Might I offer a suggestion? If your motor is a toaster, instead of buying another one like it, why not cop a boo at the motor I use; the Family Sew FS-550S? It has a simple rotary switch to limit the top speed.

1. Most E1 error messages occur because of unstable power being supplied to the motor.
• Release the pedal when the E1 error message occurs, then push down again to activate
the motor. If the E1 error message no longer appears this was a False error due to unstable
power.
2. If the E1 error message continues to appear:
• Replace the motor circuit board with a new motor circuit board.

Like Wiz said, the Family FESM-550S is very good motor...we no longer offer the Enduro for a reason.