Rossr

Coasters

Last year I had made up a couple coasters similar to this.  The back side had a brand mark and the front I carved with a craft aid wildlife template animal.  Since I just made a stitching pony I figured I should make and finish the set.  Having 2 more brand marks. I choose a. Rabbit and moose head to carve, dyed them and then laced the black lace double loop and brown lace round braid.  

Always open to improvements 

20200727_120931.jpg

20200727_114632.jpg

20200727_114602.jpg

20200727_122136.jpg

20200727_122123.jpg

20200727_120937.jpg

20200727_122212.jpg

Those look very nice! Love the lacing/braiding - was it difficult to do that since the coaster edges are all round? Did you cut the coasters out? I just buy coaster blanks, because I don't think I could cut a perfect circle.

3 minutes ago, Alaisiagae said:

Those look very nice! Love the lacing/braiding - was it difficult to do that since the coaster edges are all round? Did you cut the coasters out? I just buy coaster blanks, because I don't think I could cut a perfect circle.

If you google circle cutters there'e are lots of them just make sure you get a more robust one. not just for card. The one I use was very inexpensive.

If you don't mind a hole in the middle it's even cheaper.

1 hour ago, Alaisiagae said:

First off Thanks.  I happen to have a circle die and a clicker press so that makes it easier.  I have used a circle template made of thick I think acrylic and an exacto which works ok but u have to be careful not to cut the template and stay on track. As far as the lacing its not.too bad to use a lacing chisel to go around it.  You can always use a single point one too if needed.  I was able to use a four prong one for the moose and a slanted three on the rabbit. 

Edited by Rossr

Outstanding!