RockyAussie

Bag hangers, bangle hangers etc

Recently I agreed to supply some of our bags and bangles and some other stuff into a shop and in order to maximise the usable space and make it easy for people and shop staff to access these articles I came up with this idea. Now instead of taking a whole heap off to look at the one they want, they can just take it of the hanger.

The first picture shows the problem when trying to rack up a heap of bags in a small area.

DSC09447.JPG

This shows the bag hangers on a stand I came up with for the shop

DSC04127_resize.JPG

This one shows the bangle hangers

DSC04128_resize.JPG

DSC04132_resize.JPG

We now store them in cupboards at work this way as well now

DSC00028_resize.JPG

DSC00031_resize.JPG

Here are some stl files if you want to print them -  Note between them you should be able to get a lot more by just altering the scale in your slicer program.

BAG HNGR PLA.stl

BAG HNGR 4.stl

BAG HNGR 5.stl

If you don't have a printer but still want them let me know and we can work something out.:yes:

Stay safe and stay well

Brian

That is a top idea Brian, as usual you come up with some cracker things to make you work and life easier.

Your starting to make me think a printer is a good idea.

Bert.

Great idea.

9 hours ago, Scoutmom103 said:

Great idea.

10 hours ago, Bert51 said:

That is a top idea Brian, as usual you come up with some cracker things to make you work and life easier.

Your starting to make me think a printer is a good idea.

Bert.

Thanks guys. Bert ....Get a printer mate. Once you get the hang of doing the drawing stuff in a cad program the possibilities are almost endless. I think if I were starting off today into manufacturing leather goods I would have to put the 3d printer near to the top followed closely behind with a small watt laser (2.5). Not only do I save a lot of time and money on knives by printing out some of the cutting templates many of the components now get cut out on the little laser. That has cut my knifing costs in half. Just the other day I decided to try cutting the material we use in our wallets and purses with the laser and wow its fast (1100mm per minute) and sealed up edges as well.

For doing up prototypes and small numbers they are truly a God send.

Here the cardboard is cut first with the laser to give me a way of positioning the magnets needed to hold the fabric while the laser cuts the fabric.

Once I have the magnets positioned I remove the cardboard template and hit the go button.

DSC00025_resize.JPG

DSC00022_resize.JPG

DSC00024_resize.JPG

Beautiful clean sealed edges in 4 minutes. All of the leather pattern parts were cut out in cardboard in a few minutes as well. Way nicer than having to carefully cut out each piece sooooo carefully with a knife by hand.

With some luck I will get this prototype model done today.

Damn! Brian, you never cease to amaze me!:notworthy:

Those hangers are very clever, I reckon a lot of shops would love them.

I’ve tried to justify spending the money on a 3D printer for years - this is about as close as I’ve come. Thanks for sharing the files, excellent idea.

Maybe that's what I need Brian, to get me off my butt. sadly I have not got back into my leather work since I had a stint in hospital last year.

Bert.

On 7/31/2020 at 11:19 AM, Bert51 said:

Maybe that's what I need Brian, to get me off my butt. sadly I have not got back into my leather work since I had a stint in hospital last year.

Bert.

Not sure if this will get you off ya but Bert. I found doing the drawings and with these type of machines that work away by themselves you tend to be ON your but a bit more.

On 7/30/2020 at 4:31 PM, dikman said:

Those hangers are very clever, I reckon a lot of shops would love them.

Mate if I can ever stop making these dam face masks I might just look into that idea. Every time we get some packaged up to send there goes another ting. Seems more people see my website than I ever thought. Now if only I could get my handbags to sell like that but I cant see them being mandatory any time soon.:unsure:

So you're into face masks, I wondered if you would use your resources for that. There are quite a few down here making them, even though we don't have to wear them - yet (as long as we can keep the bloody Vics out we'll be ok!).

Do you make them out of croc skin too?:lol:

3 hours ago, dikman said:

So you're into face masks, I wondered if you would use your resources for that. There are quite a few down here making them, even though we don't have to wear them - yet (as long as we can keep the bloody Vics out we'll be ok!).

Do you make them out of croc skin too?:lol:

No No No croc ones. I dont think they would wash that well my friend. Here is a link to a video I made showing a bit on us making them and cutting them out with pla patterns I printed up for the job. The lovely models at the start are my Granddaughters.