So I work mostly on English tack and occasionally on simple western repairs. I have been asked to turn some western stirrup leathers using a wrap method. Can anyone help me out. I am only familiar with the broom method.

Check out YouTube to envision the process; however, I didn't see a real good presentation that is complete.  If you don't have a drawdown stand, you'll need a stand that allows you to use your broom stick to weight down the stirrup leathers while they dry.  Note: if blevens style buckles are used, the buckle pins should start out facing inward with the tail of the leathers wrapped around the stirrup bold.  If the pins are mounted outward and the tail hangs free, you'll have to change the pin plate.  Wet the buckle end of the leathers well, and dampen the fender some after twisting the leathers.  This will lessen stain lines and allow the fender to also contour  to fit the rider's leg better.  Let's start here, and we'll tackle the tying of of the 1/2 saddle string later.

Ron

Search for "Hamley Twist", "Wyoming Twist", "Nevada Twist"...  Many different names usually pretty similar process.  

I have a tool which allows me to set leathers off the saddle.  This stretches the leathers and contours the fenders at the same time and doesn't require a drawdown stand.  It is much better than the broomstick method because you can apply lots more pressure and the set will remain, even if the thong comes unwrapped.