flora18

PFAFF 145 : length stitch issues

Hello everyone,

I am new on this forum and I hope you will forgive my English writing, because I am french women (and I admit using the automatic online translator ...)
(If there is a section reserved for mandatory presentations, can the moderators let me know because I couldn't find it ...)
Recently I bought an older second hand simple needle PFAFF 145 machine  (or a 146). The precise model is impossible to determine because the front reference plate has been changed with a 196 plate. It's like a big plastic surgery on this machine !

I have never had a triple feed machine and I have some ajustment issues ...

I have browsed a lot of French forums but I have not found my answers ...

Here are my main issues with stitch length:
- The reverse stitch is systematically shorter than the front stitch using the front lenght regulator lever
- Behind the machine there is a mechanism (with a butterfly screw) to adjust the height of the walking feet (for thicker leathers), but when I adjust the height of the walking feet, it acts on the length of the stitch (upper position = longer stitch; lower position = shorter stitch)
Between these two issues I guess something about the lenght stitch adjustment is wrong but I cannot determine what ...

If anyone can give me some advices or clues about this problems… I can make more pictures or videos if necessary.

Thanks in advence,
Florence

2020-08-01_080058.jpg

Edited by flora18
add image

not sure if it helps but there is a video showing a problem with the Pfaff 138 F & R stitch length.

The stitch length levers are all the same on the Pffaf afaik, so maybe worth checking.

Hi and thank you to Handstiched and Constabulary for the manual and the video link. It's always a good thing to have some other informations 

I had private messages with @DanishMan who helped me with some good informations and adjustment indications.

The front/reverse stiches with the front lever is almost OK now, thanks to him.

It was question to set the machine to the low dead needle point and to adjust the inside eccentric screw.
It's a little bit complicated to me to explain this in english and certainly DanishMan will do it better than me.

Despite this new adjustment, and next to the front lever utilisation, I still have a lenght difference using the "butterfly screw" behing the machine for the height of the walking foot.
Maybe is it normal ?
Is anybody who have a triple feed machine (or simply a similar PFAFF) could tell me if it is the same thing for them ?

As I said to DanishMan, the most difficult for me is to understand what is normal or not with this machine, it's totaly a new world for me with triple feed ! 

Thank you,

Flo