dirtbagcreative

Consew 226R-L or 206RB - Which to buy?

Hello all-

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while and there is a ton of useful information from all the experts here. That info has helped me get to this point. 

I'm a hand stitcher (wallets, bags, etc) but have the opportunity to pick up a Consew 226R-L or a 206RB. 

Both machines are in good shape. No servos or speed reducers on either machines. 

The 226R-L is in almost perfect shape with very little sign of use. Seller is a sewing repairman who owns a shop and didn't have a background on the machine. He is firm on the $1,000 price.

The 206RB shows signs of more use, but comes from the original owner of the machine. He has 2 and has always had them serviced and he regularly oiled them. He had retired from his business and only wants to keep 1. The one he is selling is in good working order. He's asking $700.

Any advice or thoughts on which machine might be a better starter to migrate from hand stitching?

Thanks in advance for looking and any advice!

Jeff

Hi @dirtbagcreative, from what you have posted I would get the 206RB.

1. It is $300 cheaper so you can buy a servo motor and speed reducer.
  2. The 206RB has a large 'M' bobbin. the 226R had a smaller 'G' bobbin.
  3. The 206RB  has a horizontal axis bobbin, loads from the bottom.

I have a 206RB and a 206RB-1. I love both machines. Can you post photos? Does this machine have a number after the 206RB?

side note: I see you are in the Central Valley. I used to live in the Fresno/Clovis area. Where are you?

John

Hey @JJN! Thanks for the response. That’s the direction I was leaning. I only have 1 not so good photo of it. Older gentleman didn’t have a good camera phone. Unsure until I can see it in person, but I’ve uploaded the photo I got. 
I’m in Stockton by the way. 
Thanks for the great info! 
jeff

CA198211-E6FB-4B79-B6E3-492D4240C284.jpeg