ThoughtFission

Where can I find old designer purses/handbags?

Hi,

I would like to get my hands on some very cheap designer bags. They can be in awful condition. I want to pull them apart to see how they were made, the techniques and methods that take them to the next level. The kind of brands I'm thinking of are Hermes, Prada, Gucci etc.

Thanks.

G

3 hours ago, ThoughtFission said:

Hi,

I would like to get my hands on some very cheap designer bags. They can be in awful condition. I want to pull them apart to see how they were made, the techniques and methods that take them to the next level. The kind of brands I'm thinking of are Hermes, Prada, Gucci etc.

Thanks.

G

you might get disappointed in terms of next level quality :)

I guess ebay/gumtree/fb are your best bets to find some destroyed ones, but the next best thing is search on youtube bag repair channels.   Some of these guys show a lot of detail and talk about it as they pull bags apart to repair them.

9 hours ago, Spyros said:

you might get disappointed in terms of next level quality :)

I guess ebay/gumtree/fb are your best bets to find some destroyed ones, but the next best thing is search on youtube bag repair channels.   Some of these guys show a lot of detail and talk about it as they pull bags apart to repair them.

Very good advice, thanks. I'm already following some people on youtube. Just thought some hands on tear downs might be useful.

thrift stores/ used clothing stores/ yard sales  if they have those in France

good will, Salvation Army, local donation clothing stores.  I have found some cheap modern bags at Ross.  I think Ross might be your best bet since there are a lot vintage resellers out there scounging the local thrift stores.

On 8/4/2020 at 12:50 AM, 24VOLTS said:

good will, Salvation Army, local donation clothing stores.  I have found some cheap modern bags at Ross.  I think Ross might be your best bet since there are a lot vintage resellers out there scounging the local thrift stores.

ROSS?

2 minutes ago, ThoughtFission said:

ROSS?

its a discount store in America that sells overstock clothing and home goods sourced from larger department stores. you can find some good deals sometimes.

33 minutes ago, CastleLeatherWorks said:

its a discount store in America that sells overstock clothing and home goods sourced from larger department stores. you can find some good deals sometimes.

Thanks. I'm originally from Canada but I've never heard of it. :)