Ferg

TERRY KNIPSCHIELD

Have thought about Terry and his trials and tribulations/fire in his shop, for some time. Decided to contact him to see how he is doing.

Received the following note from him yesterday. I am sure he could use some positive news from any and all.

Marion, 

Finally got the permits approved this week.  Demolition will start this week, followed by the new garage/ workshop.   Then I have to put the shop back together.   It will be months more I'm afraid!  Otherwise,  a bit depressed but okay. 

Ferg

Thanks for that i was wondering too.

Hopefully everything will being up and running for him sooner rather than later.

Fantastic knife i got from him 4 years ago never been near a stone yet.

JCUK

I have two custom blades Terry made for me and one small round knife I use mostly for skiving. 

I use nothing but strop to keep them cutting leather as though it was butter.

Feerg

I have the the Texas rosebud only mistake i made was should have got the full fat version the Texas rose. Playing around to day skiving lighter weight leather usually use a english style paring knife found i could better and easier with Terrys knife.

JCUK

It's a terrible nightmare that happen to him! My thoughts and best wishes to Terry!!

Hope he is doing well given the circumstances.  I have his small round knife purchased just prior to his fire. Use it on every project; never seen a stone. 

I had his 'shark' knife on order when the tragedy occurred. First seen in one of Nigel's video reviews.

He cancelled all WIP of course.

Does any know if he is back in business?  Would sure love to get that knife on order.

On 11/14/2021 at 11:53 AM, JCmax said:

Hope he is doing well given the circumstances.  I have his small round knife purchased just prior to his fire. Use it on every project; never seen a stone. 

I had his 'shark' knife on order when the tragedy occurred. First seen in one of Nigel's video reviews.

He cancelled all WIP of course.

Does any know if he is back in business?  Would sure love to get that knife on order.

He is back in business.  I don't think he's accepting orders, but you'd have to confirm that with him.  His website is https://leathertools.net/

I've been waiting for one of his knives to post on his website for months.  Two weeks ago there was a Klenda in stock.  It wasn't the one I was looking for but guess I should have bought it.  Clay Miller also posted one a little while back with his custom handle material.  The time I talked with Terry he said he wasn't taking orders and to keep an eye on his website.  That conversion took place in April of this year.

Scootch

Thanks Gents,

After reading his comment section appears he has changed his business model. Only option is to check his stock regularly.

Would be worth the wait, the gentleman is an absolute wizard at heat treating edged tools.