Paultalks

What's Up with Tandy Leather

Coincidentally I received an email just now reminding me that my local store is open for business.  It also laid out the things the store is doing to keep its workers and customers safe during the pandemic.

On 8/16/2020 at 9:06 PM, Paultalks said:

I send a letter to the CEO of Tandy 10 days ago without receiving even the simplest of a courtesy response. I have had better response from fortune 100 ad 200 CEOs. This is very disappointing, as the trace shows it was received. On another note, there is no rapant outbreak of hospitalized cases in FL like the media is trying to spin it. I have a lot of friends in the medical field here. Covid is not the issue and at least in this area is a false narrative. If you go in for a cough, they check COVID-19. I have personal friends that were not even tested, because they ran out of materials that were diagnosed COVID-19. The schools have been open in foreign countries for months with no deaths or serious cases of illness or death. The facilities receive $10K to $40K for every case they identify, based on nothing more than an opinion according to CDC Guidelines.

The medical experts and scientists would disagree with this.  Non-scientists, business owners who want their employees back to work, and politicians would agree with you, though.

@johnv474, thanks for speaking truth even though it will be ignored by many.

@chuck123wapati unfortunately even though you claim no one said it wasn’t real, @Paultalks just said it was a hoax. That sounds to me like him saying exactly what you’re saying isn’t being said.

And @tsunkasapa, if your response to reading someone posting about losing three friends is to boast about yawning, I don’t have appropriate words for you. Show a little human decency at least.

My wife had Covid back toward the beginning of this. Thank God she survived. By most measures she had a relatively mild case, no hospitalization needed. Great! Except... five months later, she’s still only back to around 60% strength/energy levels. Just because you survive this thing doesn’t mean it’s not going to impact you and your family for a long long time.

Once again we’ve left the subject of Tandy far behind.

okee-doakly, a few folks have had their say about C-19

Sort of back on track, I see Tandy is having yet another sale.

For UK readers, it looks like Tandy is doing a DFS,  :lol:

18 hours ago, fredk said:

Yes everything must go, but does end on Sunday but it seems that Sunday never comes.

JCUK

Edited by jcuk

22 hours ago, fredk said:

Yes, I noticed the sale, too - too bad there's nothing on sale that I really want to buy! I guess I'll have to wait until the next sale (probably Black Friday, but who knows if they will do in-store deals this years - I imagine they would not want to have tons of people in the store). What does DFS stand for?

40 minutes ago, Alaisiagae said:

. . . .  What does DFS stand for?

you had to ask, didn't you? you just had to ask!    :rolleyes2:   :lol:

I don't think anyone really knows what the letters DFS stand for. There are plenty of ideas tho  :unsure:

DFS is a furniture company which has 'this week only' sales running just about continuously through the year. Their short-term sales never end. Its become a joke in the UK. You have to see their TV adverts and experience them over several years to really understand the humour  :blink:

2 hours ago, Alaisiagae said:

Yes, I noticed the sale, too - too bad there's nothing on sale that I really want to buy!

I stopped into my local store yesterday because I needed some dye right away. Lots of sale signs throughout the store, but none on the dyes or the other couple of things I was interested in. Leather prices didn’t seem to be reduced all that much. The store had several other customers come and go during the few minutes I spent there though, which is more than I can say for some of my pre-Covid visits.

Since this has strayed so far off the topic of suppliers, I have locked this thread.  If you wish to carry on the discussion about COVID-19, you might go to "All About Us and Off Topic".  It would be nice to keep discussions to the topics the forum is about so it is more valuable to people searching that forum for related information.

Tom