Itch

Plastic rivet for line 24 snaps

Looking for a supplier for the little plastic piece that goes in to the back side of a line 24 snap .. Thank you all ..

What part is that???

I use the little plastic screw covers the Home Depot sells.  I just glue them on, I think they come in different colors.

Store SKU #583539

browns-tans-screw-caps-815708-64_145.jpg

Todd

Just curios hildebrand, why would you use the plastic cap on the back of the snap?? 

20 minutes ago, jimi said:

Just curios hildebrand, why would you use the plastic cap on the back of the snap?? 

To cover the raw back of the snap rivet. Either for decorative reason or to prevent the raw base cutting either material or person

They can also be used on the base of the rivet post part of single head ready-rivets 

26 minutes ago, jimi said:

To prevent any chance the metal from the back of a snap contacting the gun in any way.  In most cases it is the back of a snap on a thumb break.  You can't really predict where the snap goes on the piece which crosses over the gun, this leaves the back of the snap exposed once you set it in place.  I place as many snap backs between layers of leather as I can but occasionally you have one end up exposed.

Todd

I was able to take a photo .The middle piece is the bottom part of a line 24 snap. The 2 plastic rivets push in to the bottom side of the rivet as you can see I was able to purchase clear and black ones..  Looking for a supplier , Thanks guys ..

plastic rivet.jpg

10 hours ago, Hildebrand said:

To prevent any chance the metal from the back of a snap contacting the gun in any way

OK, so you are using this on holsters, now i understand. Yes good idea, as that would scrape the metal on the gun and mark it. Thanks for clarifying:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, fredk said:

To cover the raw back of the snap rivet. Either for decorative reason or to prevent the raw base cutting either material or person

They can also be used on the base of the rivet post part of single head ready-rivets 

I was thinking of a more specific reason?? and there was ;)

It'll be an uphill battle to help this guy.  Offers half of the information you need and then gets confused when you ask questions.

Thanks that is where we were able to find them ..