Slightly padded and reinforced.

Top layer: Alran chevrè sully goat marine

Padding: Alran chevrè sully goat marine

Lining: Haas Zermatt calf natural

Stitching: Meisi linen MS014 (M30/0.35mm), 2.7mm/10spi

Edge paint: Fenice custom color.

(I know the second hand doesn't match the color of the thread, but the clockwork is going to be replaced, and I plan to paint the second hand to a matching color.)

q7plcCG.jpg

YQIinOr.jpg

Ewbu8e4.jpg

6Rz40n4.jpg

Edited by Danne

Excellent looking work @Danneand a nice design touch with the attachment method as well.

Very nice man

A lot harder than it looks

1 hour ago, RockyAussie said:

Excellent looking work @Danneand a nice design touch with the attachment method as well.

Thank you :) Design is inspired by eatsleeplay on Instagram

Edited by Danne

24 minutes ago, Spyros said:

Very nice man

A lot harder than it looks

Thank you Spyros,

Yes, there are a lot of tasks that is really hard on a strap like this. First cutting the relatively thin and not really firm leather close to exact dimensions. Second position the folds for the lugs in the correct position so the strap folds nice around your wrist and in combination with the part of reinforcement that have to be glued in a fold around the lugs.

Edited by Danne

Very nice.  

Just now, Scoutmom103 said:

Very nice.  

Thank you

Oh wow, that s a great piece right there. Beautiful work!

11 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

Oh wow, that s a great piece right there. Beautiful work!

Thank you.

that strap is gorgeous

3 hours ago, Memphis514 said:

that strap is gorgeous

Thank you

Your stuff is consistently so clean, with such great attention to the little details. That’s a good looking strap, thanks for sharing.

24 minutes ago, Retswerb said:

Your stuff is consistently so clean, with such great attention to the little details. That’s a good looking strap, thanks for sharing.

Thank you, I share some more photos when I have changed the clockwork and repainted the seconds hand. I will probably remove the old lumen paint and don't apply it again, because good quality lumen is like 80euro, and I don't think it's worth spending that money on an old watch.

IMG_3438_small.jpg

If you can reliably remove a watch hand, and then put it back on, and the watch still works, you are practically a neurosurgeon in my book  :)

7 hours ago, Spyros said:

If you can reliably remove a watch hand, and then put it back on, and the watch still works, you are practically a neurosurgeon in my book  :)

I have never done it before, except for trying on an old Rolex replica I bought for fun to see how cheap I could get it (No I never used it and will never) And it wasn't that hard. But the chronograph hands will not be easy not even with the hands puller I have. They are so small, But magnifying, and either Rodico (Google) or some thin plastic (to protect the dial) and loosen them with two really small screwdrivers from each side will for sure work fine. 

The hardest part isn't removing the watch hands it's doing it without leaving any trace of the work :)

And I will not use the black plier with blue handles in the bottom right corner, but the one in the top left corner which is a really slim smd-plier. (Primarely used for surface mounted components on pcb-boards.)

But I can update here how it goes when it's time and I have decided a good technique for painting the seconds hand (I want it close to perfect) Because yes of course I can make mistakes, doing something this small for the first time can always result in mistakes, but I ten to plan things very well before I start so I think it will be fine.

Man you're opening a whole different pandora's box for yourself... a nice one though.   When you end up doing Seiko mods, i want one :)  

2 hours ago, Spyros said:

Man you're opening a whole different pandora's box for yourself... a nice one though.   When you end up doing Seiko mods, i want one :)  

I really would like to make my own watch. I have a background in cnc programming. And it would be fun to buy a cheap mechanical clockwork, maybe something like a Seagull ST36 (ETA6497 clone) and machining a cool case, buy a Chinese pad printer and make a nice custom dial. Would this be a challenge for me? yes for sure, especially since my machining knowledge is mostly lathes, and have very limited experience with cnc-mills. But unfortunately I don't have access to a cnc mill. And convert a cheap Chinese mill won't really cut it (lol both literally and as an idom) with harder steels.

If you have access to a lathe and want to make a timepiece, I have two words for you : "Clickspring" and "Youtube"

Enjoy :)

6 hours ago, Spyros said:

If you have access to a lathe and want to make a timepiece, I have two words for you : "Clickspring" and "Youtube"

Enjoy :)

Thanks, I haven't seen that channel before. Really looks like a channel for me, all clips on that channel seems interestings to watch.

7 minutes ago, Danne said:

Thanks, I haven't seen that channel before. Really looks like a channel for me, all clips on that channel seems interestings to watch.

I know

be prepared to lose a couple of nights, it's super addictive :)