This has been theraputic for me while 'sheltering at home'. I really enjoyed putting this together - and finally found use for some spikes I had laying around.

Laced with 1/8' roo lace, hinged lid with magnet buckles.

Awsome pattern by Paintyee on Etsy.

IMG_1685.thumb.jpg.ab1ec5a640363b90174d547fe008be64.jpg

That's a really cool idea and it looks like you executed really well too.

Awesome.  I can just see the look on folks' faces when you are out and about with that!

YinTx

That turned out great! I made the same pattern and afterwards I was found myself wishing I had used another closure type besides the zipper. I really like how you did yours, and may make another and steady your solution. Can you share a few more pictures of it open along with the latch, if any.

On 8/23/2020 at 6:37 PM, YinTx said:

Awesome.  I can just see the look on folks' faces when you are out and about with that!

YinTx

LOL yes! I carried it to the grocery store on Senior Day.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:15 PM, maxdaddy said:

That turned out great! I made the same pattern and afterwards I was found myself wishing I had used another closure type besides the zipper. I really like how you did yours, and may make another and steady your solution. Can you share a few more pictures of it open along with the latch, if any.

I love this pattern.

It took a little trial and error to get the lid fitted with a leather hinge instead of the zipper.  I cut the pattern out and made a paper model first to get everyting to fit.

I increased the whole pattern by 25% cause I wanted it a little bigger.

I lined the bag rim with steel corset boning to keep it's shape. I cut the 2 center strips on the lid about 3" longer in the front so I could wrap it around the steel boning, cut a rectangle piece and stitched it on the inside.

Then I made a flap for the back, and installed 2 magnetic snaps.  I used 2 snaps so it would stay secure, and didn't interfere with the lacing up the middle.

When I make this again, I'll probably move the D rings forward so it will hang more level.

I hope the pictures help illustrate what I did.

Now, you must show us yours. Please :)IMG_1947a.thumb.jpg.447e9dcc56eaf3401dc79346ba3d17b4.jpg

IMG_1941a.jpg.5603efbc5213d6ba84abecf89a04007e.jpg

IMG_1945a.thumb.jpg.c1fba867e365c8a797e52f9e3545a28e.jpg

IMG_1946a.thumb.jpg.1a2dc5f1ecf3648e88410eca84d8cb31.jpg

IMG_1942a.thumb.jpg.42ddf5bb99f6983a2c7d68f2b98da078.jpg

IMG_1943a.jpg