Well done. There are book binder videos on how to come around corners if you search around.

Nicely done!

Super clean work. Personally, its a bit one noted being all the same color but I'm sure it'll sell without a doubt.

15 hours ago, plinkercases said:

Well done. There are book binder videos on how to come around corners if you search around.

Thanks.

I did view a few but binding is thin leather wrapping a harder, thicker base. It’s a little different from turning .4 mm back onto .6-.8 mm goat. Or maybe for the corners I should pare 1.2 mm to .4?

Poor goats. Gonna keep skinning them til I figure out.

5 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Super clean work. Personally, its a bit one noted being all the same color but I'm sure it'll sell without a doubt.

Thanks but I can see the issues like all self conscious makers do.

This is a custom request and I let the buyer decide the goat hide he wanted. I’d love to make a red / pink one.

Do you mean stitching the corners or making the turned edge meet nicely when you turn it?

For the first, a small round hole instead of angled hole will help stitches lie better. And i like to start in the corners and pick towards the middle. So my stitching lies perfect in the corner. Unless I round my corners, then it doesn't much matter. 

For the turning, you simply clip the corner off. Then when you turn the edge they line up nicely . Hope my silly drawing makes sense. 

20200820_150700_copy_756x1008.jpg

What @Stetson912 said is correct but I will add that you need to come out from the corner edge, the thickness of the product (normally between 1 or 2mm). I do this by resting a straight skiving knife against the corner holding it on a 45 degree angle or a little more. The thicker the piece then the distance out is wider and if thinner its less. I would get some cardboard squares and glue onto some leather bits and practice the technique until it works every time on a few thicknesses. With practice you can get a rounded corner using the same technique as shown in this pic below.

DSC08333_resize.JPG

@RockyAussie thanks for that addition. I responded quickly because I was at work and thought about the thickness of what the binding was covering after the fact, but it is an important aspect to making it come out right

On 8/20/2020 at 3:08 PM, Stetson912 said:

Do you mean stitching the corners or making the turned edge meet nicely when you turn it?

For the first, a small round hole instead of angled hole will help stitches lie better. And i like to start in the corners and pick towards the middle. So my stitching lies perfect in the corner. Unless I round my corners, then it doesn't much matter. 

For the turning, you simply clip the corner off. Then when you turn the edge they line up nicely . Hope my silly drawing makes sense. 

20200820_150700_copy_756x1008.jpg

I meant the latter but now that I come to think of it, it's both.

The problem with double turn edge is it takes some skills to match up the 2 piece neatly and so while the placement of stitching holes look nice on one side, it could be a little off on the other. Hopefully, it's something I can resolve through practice.

The method you described works too, and with a double turn edge, it would cover up the corner's turn, but it would leave a visible line on the other. The way Philip Jury does it in his video is there would be small overlap of skin. The problem I have is I have yet to find the right angle to skive the corner to get just the right amount of overlapping. Right now, I either have too much bulk b/c of the excessive overlapping or a little cut that exposes an untreated edge (even if it's just less than 1 mm, it still bothers me).

On 8/20/2020 at 3:58 PM, RockyAussie said:

What @Stetson912 said is correct but I will add that you need to come out from the corner edge, the thickness of the product (normally between 1 or 2mm). I do this by resting a straight skiving knife against the corner holding it on a 45 degree angle or a little more. The thicker the piece then the distance out is wider and if thinner its less. I would get some cardboard squares and glue onto some leather bits and practice the technique until it works every time on a few thicknesses. With practice you can get a rounded corner using the same technique as shown in this pic below.

DSC08333_resize.JPG

Hey, thanks for the photo. I mainly wanted to avoid exposing any edges