Matt S

What thread do Tandy universal punch tubes use?

Anybody know what thread is used on the Tandy universal punch tubes? I need to make a multi-hole jig. I know that they are not exactly top quality but I need it quickly and would like the appropriate tap on hand when they arrive. I'm making a SWAG that they use a 1/4" UNC thread but if anybody knows better, I would be glad to know!

I am not exactly sure which is Tandy's universal tubes but the tubes for their Mini punch set and replacements for their rotary punch are metric.  M8-1.0

31 minutes ago, Hasbeencowboy said:

I am not exactly sure which is Tandy's universal tubes but the tubes for their Mini punch set and replacements for their rotary punch are metric.  M8-1.0

Thanks, useful to know.

The product I'm interested in is SKU 3231-00 https://tandyleather.com/products/universal-punch-tubes

Tandy told me that those tips will fit their mini punch, so they are M8-1.0  I know this because I am revamping a Harbor Freight arbor press into a press for punching holes, etc

6 minutes ago, Hasbeencowboy said:

Tandy told me that those tips will fit their mini punch, so they are M8-1.0  I know this because I am revamping a Harbor Freight arbor press into a press for punching holes, etc

Brilliant, thanks! I've got that tap on hand already. And when I inevitably snap it, there's a whole bin of them in the hardware store!