Sign in to follow this  
FleurFeroce

Singer 29-4 need part 33512 gear for arms

Desperately need part 33512 the gear for between arms in cylinder....plate 1047 Pinion w/ 2 238D

thanks

would be good when you post a picture of that plate so the folks know better what you are talking about  ;)

With "arms" you mean the long and short toothed rack, right? 33512 is the shuttle carrier driving pinion.

I have the 33513 pinion but looks like the 33512 has the set screw in a different position, right?

image.thumb.png.7d3fd0b04a819998bfb344f257c81e1c.png

Edited by Constabulary

3 hours ago, Constabulary said:

would be good when you post a picture of that plate

The plate number is the page illustration, Says "PLATE 1047 -  FULL SIZE".  He/she is looking for the 33512 driving piñion....That is strange looking??? 2 screws?? so the shuttle carrier has no hole then?? I do not think you will find one of them around??

Edited by jimi

Jimi - to me it looks like 1 screw but in a different position, usually the screw is placed in the center of the "beefed" section on the driving pinion but on 33512 it looks like shifted to the right - or not?  Or do you think there is a 2nd screw left of the beefed section? I dunu

5 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Jimi - to me it looks like 1 screw but in a different position, usually the screw is placed in the center of the "beefed" section on the driving pinion but on 33512 it looks like shifted to the right - or not?  Or do you think there is a 2nd screw left of the beefed section? I dunu

Yes Folker, in the parts list it has two #238 screws :blink:

now I got it - just read the list and noticed 2 screws are mentioned...  :rolleyes: interesting. They do not mention a different shuttle carrier other than the 8605. So maybe a pinion for solving timing issues or so... I don´t know... You know what I mean?

Maybe FleurFeroce can post some pictures of his / her shuttle carrier.

Edited by Constabulary

machine at repair shop, got most of the parts on ebay.  its a 1902 so therein lies the issue.  the ONLY part from me using the baby