To all the members, I just saw a video on the new Consew 2206-14-7 sewing machine .  It looks like a new machine based off the Consew 206.  This one has direct drive with functions, 8mm max stitch length and get this, 14" of work space.  I have seen them for sale from $1799.00 to $1995.00.  Looks like a winner.  Anybody have one or sewn on one???

glenn

That is a lot of machine for the money. Probably more of a cordura and canvas production machine than a leather machine. Mostly because of the auto backtack and thread trimming. I may be wrong about that though with the one stitch at a time feature. The specs say it has 13mm foot lift and can use #18 to #23 needles. It also uses standard Singer style feet. I have a Juki DLN-9010A-SH that is a needle feed with direct drive and all the auto functions that costs about double what this Consew costs. And 14" between the needle and the frame is huge. I thought my 9010 was big and it is only 12". I would like to know how they hold up to heavy use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3cbwuAl67s

10 minutes ago, JJN said:

I would like to know how they hold up to heavy use.

I would like to know how much the built-in motor, push button micro-switches, servos and motherboard cost to replace when they fail? How long is the warranty on those parts?