Zonker1972

Beveling Internal Corners

Hey Everyone,

I hope that someone can help. I am making a stamped leather picture matting (hollow square that goes around a picture inside the frame) for a picture from Sturgis this year. I did this before and had issue beveling the inside corner. I will be using a punch to make clean corners but would like the corner to be beveled like the straight runs of the matting. Anyone have any tips?

thanks,

Zonker

A wood router, with the leather clamped between boards. Probably more precisely a dremel router attachment with the point bit.

I quietly presume you already have one for edge-finishing. For anyone who doesn't, Proops Brothers on Etsy sell the polisher heads, and tons more.

On 8/19/2020 at 3:55 PM, Zonker1972 said:

Hey Everyone,

I hope that someone can help. I am making a stamped leather picture matting (hollow square that goes around a picture inside the frame) for a picture from Sturgis this year. I did this before and had issue beveling the inside corner. I will be using a punch to make clean corners but would like the corner to be beveled like the straight runs of the matting. Anyone have any tips?

I'm feeling in the dark here. Would a B997 beveler do the job?

https://tandyleather.world/collections/tools/products/b997-craftool-beveler-stamp

you could use the same beveled cutter they do for the matting if you leather is thin enough. Possibly go to a framer and see if they will cut the bevels for you.