Sign in to follow this  
Gulrok

Edge Binding on Techsew 2750

Hi guys

Looking to get into edge binding the interior seams of my bags. I'm looking to line them and don't really like the idea of the raw cloth edge being exposed. 

I jerry rigged up an edge binding attachment for a Consew 225/226 to the machine by superglueing a little plate with female threads to a ruler (drilling the ruler) and then screwing the attachment to the plate. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CONSEW-225-226-Singer-111G-111W-211G-211U-211W-RAW-TAPE-BINDER-WIDE-MOUTH-CHOOSE/391723527924?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=660791873171&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Here is the attachment which I purchased.

Now it worked ... ok for a little while. However, the super glue probably only held for 15 or so minutes before it stressed and broke off. Its what I expected considering it was just a little prototype.

I'm checking in before trying to make a better one, but has anyone solved the edge binding solution on a techsew 2750?  I see they offer a different version but its likely not for leather binding tape and cloth instead. I'm trying to bind with leather.