Rosch22

Adler 269

Hi leatherworkers,

my adler 269 is a real great machine. Only problem is, if I try to sew paralell close the edge the material moves out to the left side, away from feed dog and presser food. It slides out of line. Even if I hold hardly against it. 

What must be adjusted to avoid this ?

Thanks 

You are fighting the laws of physics.  The foot is squeezing the leather out to the side.

Cut your projects over-size and trim to required dimensions after sewing.

Reduced presser foot pressure may help but if reduced too much, will result in the leather lifting with the needle's up stroke and skipped stitches. 

Tom

Something I do just may help. I have taken out the roller foot in this guide and replaced it with a bit of flat bar. With this I can angle the back part of the guide in (to the left) a little more than the front and this to some degree allows the leather to push into the guide and it is possible to almost go hands free as it keeps it pushed into the guide as you stitch along. Also this helps to not have the leather compress into the guide and let the needle then go further in then you want. This picture shows one of the guides-

DSC04677_resize.JPG

22 hours ago, Northmount said:

You are fighting the laws of physics.  The foot is squeezing the leather out to the side.

Cut your projects over-size and trim to required dimensions after sewing.

Reduced presser foot pressure may help but if reduced too much, will result in the leather lifting with the needle's up stroke and skipped stitches. 

Tom

Since school I had trouble with physics. And here it strikes me again. Thanks for Your tip. Makes lots of sense!!!

14 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Something I do just may help. I have taken out the roller foot in this guide and replaced it with a bit of flat bar. With this I can angle the back part of the guide in (to the left) a little more than the front and this to some degree allows the leather to push into the guide and it is possible to almost go hands free as it keeps it pushed into the guide as you stitch along. Also this helps to not have the leather compress into the guide and let the needle then go further in then you want. This picture shows one of the guides-

DSC04677_resize.JPG

Thanks for the idea. I will try.