Stetson912

Few tooling bits I've done recently

These are some small cards I tooled up recently. Just thought I'd share them here along with my other outlets. 

20200809_153746_copy_756x987.jpg

20200809_163721_copy_756x1008.jpg

20200817_203417_copy_756x1144.jpg

IMG_20200816_200704_315.jpg

IMG_20200813_154209_449.jpg

2 hours ago, kiwican said:

Nice!

Thanks. All are on 'cards' 2.5 x 3.5 inches i colored some of them. Traded most of them haha 

Those are great!

2 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Those are great!

Thanks again haha

I traded frankenstein and the horse with people in France and UK. I colored them (albeit not very well) but they came out ok

3 hours ago, Retswerb said:

I’m curious how/where/to whom you trade them? I’d be interested in that circuit. These all look great!

Jim linnell has a group on Facebook called leather artists trading cards. The way it works is you make up a card with tooling or stamping or whatever you want.

Recommended size is 2.5 x 3.5 inches from 4/5oz (but this isn't a required dimension or size). The idea is to keep them relatively small.

Once you have one for trade, you can post it saying it's up for grabs or you can ask a specific artist to trade. Final communication is done through pm on Facebook usually then you just send your card to the other person and they send you one of theirs.

There are a lot of great people there already and some incredible work being traded. People even have their kids making and trading them which I think is awesome. And, beginners and experts are encouraged to trade with each other. Skill doesn't really matter, its about the community and keeping the craft alive and exciting. The cards make it real easy to collect other artists work too.

Man, trading leather cards is a great idea!  I'm gonna get on that!  Jim Linnell is such a treasure and a creative spirit! 

1 hour ago, JayEhl said:

Man, trading leather cards is a great idea!  I'm gonna get on that!  Jim Linnell is such a treasure and a creative spirit! 

He is indeed. Apparently it isn't a new thing, but the group really brought it to life. Personally I haven't heard of it before. He is on there, rex goblet, I've seen Peter main, and a lot of other great artists. Definitely get in that group. And look me up 912 leathercraft 

Really nice

23 minutes ago, Carl said:

Really nice

Nice work. I seen trading cards about 11 years ago. One of the Tandy reps showed me one he did when he was in town to teach a class. Awesome idea 

8 hours ago, Retswerb said:

Just joined up, there’s some great stuff on there! Gotta get making some cards now myself.

Definitely find me on there. I'm always down to trade. Ill be making some more sometime haha

5 hours ago, DomsLeather said:

Nice work. I seen trading cards about 11 years ago. One of the Tandy reps showed me one he did when he was in town to teach a class. Awesome idea 

It really is. "Leather artists trading cards"on Facebook if you are interested 

10 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

Definitely find me on there. I'm always down to trade. Ill be making some more sometime haha

It really is. "Leather artists trading cards"on Facebook if you are interested 

Is there some way to this without Fakebook? Maybe on this forum? 

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

Is there some way to this without Fakebook? Maybe on this forum? 

I'm sure there could be, it would be nice to have a section dedicated to it where people could go to trade