Hello, I have extensively reviewed the manual for the Pfaff 138-6/01 (my personal current machine).

I am wondering if anyone has found a way so the needle will not move, when winding the bobbin. (I know usually one is able to adjust this on the hand wheel.)

Can keep this forum open for all questions regarding Pfaff 138!!

I really like this machine, and am trying to become an expert at it and solve the few issues I have.

For anyone reading, here is the only pertinent manual I have been able to find online:

Pfaff_138-139-manual-ES-DE-FR-ES.PDF

Thank you anyone + everyone for your help + input!!

So you are loosening the clutch on the handwheel and the needle bar is still moving? That should work w/o problem - all least that's how it is supposed to. I think you have to clean and oil the handwheel clutch and pulley bore or try to reduce the V-Belt tension a bit.

Edited by Constabulary

Not sure if anyone can help me, but it’s worth a shot.  I have a Pfaff 139.  I have unstuck and oiled the entire machine, but the bobbin does not spin when the motor is engaged.  The needle goes up and down, but the bobbin just sits there.  I don’t see anything stuck in it.  It looks like there is a single nylon (?) gear in the entire machine, and it appears to be part of the bobbin mechanism.  It looks fine, but is it possible this gear is broken/stripped/cracked?  Or am I missing some more obvious possibility?

The bobin should not spin when the motor is engaged

its only turning when the tread is pulled out by the sewing proces

On 4/29/2022 at 6:03 PM, Vetaflame said:

It looks fine, but is it possible this gear is broken/stripped/cracked?

Only the hook spins or moves.  Bobbin is not powered.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:37 PM, Cassidy said:

Hello, I have extensively reviewed the manual for the Pfaff 138-6/01 (my personal current machine).

I am wondering if anyone has found a way so the needle will not move, when winding the bobbin. (I know usually one is able to adjust this on the hand wheel.)

Can keep this forum open for all questions regarding Pfaff 138!!

I really like this machine, and am trying to become an expert at it and solve the few issues I have.

For anyone reading, here is the only pertinent manual I have been able to find online:

Pfaff_138-139-manual-ES-DE-FR-ES.PDF

Thank you anyone + everyone for your help + input!!

I got this same machine and it should just be loosening this knob (see picture) and the needle shouldn't move anymore.

So like Constabulary said. Maybe just take it a bit apart and clean and oil.

Screenshot_20220502-122837-884.png