Morse

Scrap

I had a Home Depot 5 gallon bucket filled with "SCRAP PIECES" and did not want to throw them away. What to do with these?  I decided to dump them all on the work table and think about it.  OK! I am going to cut all the pieces into some modular usable form such as 2" x 2", 2" x 4", etc until my table had only what seemed more usable stuff to work with.  Now what?  I then laid out all the pieces in piles of similar sizes and then with blue masking tape made a 20" x 20" square on the pattern table (plastic sewing sheet with 1" square markings).  From here I placed the cutouts in some sort of pattern that pleased my own eye. Each of you would find this a fun and creative adventure and come up with a unique solution.  It took a few hours and requires some more cutting and sorting.  OK! This is good. Now what?  I then decided to make a pillow out of it. I pulled down from my stock of stuff some heavy RED CANVAS, from "Maker's Supply" and glued all the pieces very "carefully" with contact cement on to the canvas.    Having done this I then sewed the glued creation to the canvas and proceeded to make a pillow using the same canvas as back and a 2" gusset with a number 5 zipper, then stole a pillow from my bed before the my wife saw what I was doing and stuffed it.:) I used up half a bucket of old scrap, spent $10 on canvas, and filled a couple of days with a fun project that produced a heavy duty reading pillow that my wife has taken control of. The second half of the scrap bucket will be MY pillow.  The project opened up a whole new and creative way to use my shop, my leather and my time.  

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

Nice pattern!  Did you sew the individual pieces together?

YinTx