FriarTuck

Newcomer from northern MN

Hello all, 

I am just getting started in leather work.  I did some in school a few decades ago and wanted to get back into it.  I am a trapper and just had several beaver tails tanned to work with. 

Thanks for the great site! 

Jim 

9 hours ago, FriarTuck said:

Hello all, 

I am just getting started in leather work.  I did some in school a few decades ago and wanted to get back into it.  I am a trapper and just had several beaver tails tanned to work with. 

Jim 

Welcome aboard, Jim!  This is one of the single-best overall resources out there. 

12 hours ago, FriarTuck said:

Hello all, 

Jim 

Welcome friend!

21 hours ago, Retswerb said:

Welcome aboard, Jim! Would love to see posts of what you make with the beaver tails when the time comes.

Thanks all for the welcome.  I made my first project in 40 years just 3 days ago, a coaster with beaver tail to practice lacing so I could make a wallet for my granddaughter.  I finished the wallet tonight and will post it in the exotic leather section. 

Jim

IMG_20200826_225115638~2.jpg

Looks good, welcome aboard!

Beaver are strange animals to me. That tail is just odd. Looks amazing though and welcome! Any pics of the wallet by any chance?

5 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Beaver are strange animals to me. That tail is just odd. Looks amazing though and welcome! Any pics of the wallet by any chance?

IMG_20200826_224916422~2.jpg

IMG_20200826_224902446~2.jpg

Thanks! It looks great as well.

I have to find some beaver tail leather now. I gotta touch it. It looks like it is a soft lizard skin or something, is that correct?

You definitely retained what you learned from a few decades ago sir, thanks for sharing :)