Gulrok

Custom 2750 Binding Bracket

Hey.

I've been wanting to either find a binder bracket for a techsew 2750 or purchase a dedicated for binding. After doing a ton of research I haven't been able to find anything I can guarantee that would work for the machine and the ideal binding machine

an alder 205-370 is waaay out of our price range for used right now.

So today I custom fabbed a bracket that should work.. and sure enough it does. Its rough, and this is the first rendition.. but I'm using chicago screws I had in stock and a consew 225/226 binder from ebay.

https://imgur.com/gallery/6mxWZ6x

aqpuJ2Z.jpg

pcFiZrL.jpg

WMX1aCn.jpg

X6PTyAb.jpg

Excellent innovation there @Gulrok and thanks for sharing.

Nice innovation for getting her done.

Bit late but Cechaflo has it covered.

1 hour ago, toxo said:

Bit late but Cechaflo has it covered.

That doesn't appear to be the Techsew 2750 to me... which my issue is that it is unsupported for leatherbinding attachments. (They do offer cloth folders on their website). Does Cechalfo really have me covered?

2 hours ago, Gulrok said:

That doesn't appear to be the Techsew 2750 to me... which my issue is that it is unsupported for leatherbinding attachments. (They do offer cloth folders on their website). Does Cechalfo really have me covered?

Well excuse me! Thought I was passing useful information.

6 minutes ago, toxo said:

Well excuse me! Thought I was passing useful information.

We likely lost meaning over text, I apologize if I offended you.

I took your post as a "cool but someone already did it" which is probably not what you meant. So my post was in response to that.

Edited by Gulrok

Here is one I made for my Pfaff back in 2013. I stamped the date in it that's how I remember :)

The one to the right is a propelled synchronized model, original Pfaff with the feed dog and binding foot. It attach with the coil spring under the screw (top right corner) so it moves with the feed dog. The set contains a special needle plate not in the picture. As binding reel I use my Lazy Susan rotating nail cup, to the cocourtesy of of Peter Main. His idea to use the nail cup for such purpose, works great.

Tor

IMG_20200828_162030.jpg

IMG_20200828_162131.jpg

IMG_20200828_161536.jpg

Nice work on that custom binder! Fairly often none of the commercially available binder options are quite right for a particular task. Making specialty binders is big business for some companies like Atlanta Attachment Company and others. Being able to make your own binder is priceless.

Since the TechSew 2750 is a clone of the Juki LS-341, this binder kit I found on Ebay today might be an option too, for those less handy in manufacturing their own (and for those not worried about items coming from Wuhan, China.) Here are some screen shots of that binder since the link to Ebay will expire soon.

FAE4E34C-1D13-4DC1-A014-069F178AB3ED.jpeg814FC568-D11A-486A-8F81-EFFB891FBD5B.jpeg0169F9B9-A6ED-43EE-8FA7-5CE6EE9955E7.jpeg8D988E08-D0CF-4041-B9FD-3AA1772AA105.jpegC8792853-2CD8-4442-A579-65910D58202A.jpeg

For the successor model of the Juki LS-341, the Juki LS-1341 (also TechSew 4800), Juki offered synchronized binder kits like the one shown below.The swiveling binder plate hooks into a hole in the feed dog to follow the feed movement. I don’t know if these kits are backward compatible with the Juki LS-341 class machines. The kits run about $400, I believe.Juki LS-1342 binder kit.png

Edited by Uwe

11 hours ago, Uwe said:

Nice work on that custom binder! Fairly often none of the commercially available binder options are quite right for a particular task. Making specialty binders is big business for some companies like Atlanta Attachment Company and others. Being able to make your own binder is priceless.

Since the TechSew 2750 is a clone of the Juki LS-341, this binder kit I found on Ebay today might be an option too, for those less handy in manufacturing their own (and for those not worried about items coming from Wuhan, China.) Here are some screen shots of that binder since the link to Ebay will expire soon.

FAE4E34C-1D13-4DC1-A014-069F178AB3ED.jpeg814FC568-D11A-486A-8F81-EFFB891FBD5B.jpeg0169F9B9-A6ED-43EE-8FA7-5CE6EE9955E7.jpeg8D988E08-D0CF-4041-B9FD-3AA1772AA105.jpegC8792853-2CD8-4442-A579-65910D58202A.jpeg

For the successor model of the Juki LS-341, the Juki LS-1341 (also TechSew 4800), Juki offered synchronized binder kits like the one shown below.The swiveling binder plate hooks into a hole in the feed dog to follow the feed movement. I don’t know if these kits are backward compatible with the Juki LS-341 class machines. The kits run about $400, I believe.Juki LS-1342 binder kit.png

I actually spoke to the seller from eBay on that model prior to purchasing. My concern was the shipping time as in my experience, it has been over a month. He said he'd happily ship freight which would be an extra $70ish on shipping. I couldn't bite the bullet for the bracket when it really isn't rocket science IMO.

With that being said. I haven't found if the LS-341 parts are compatible with the LS-1341 binder. I can't even find where to purchase that binder.. but I would be interested in playing with it. 

I just ordered that bracket from Ebay to evaluate it out on my Juki LS-341. I’ll report back in a month or two.

11 hours ago, Gulrok said:

I actually spoke to the seller from eBay on that model prior to purchasing. My concern was the shipping time as in my experience, it has been over a month. He said he'd happily ship freight which would be an extra $70ish on shipping. I couldn't bite the bullet for the bracket when it really isn't rocket science IMO.

With that being said. I haven't found if the LS-341 parts are compatible with the LS-1341 binder. I can't even find where to purchase that binder.. but I would be interested in playing with it. 

To use the synchronized binder your machine got to have binder feed (feed dog that just go back and forth, no upwards movement)

But of course you know that already.

Tor