FrenchMich

Hello from France

First, I must inform you that my English is very approximativ and if you accept me here, you will have to accept my mistakes and clumsinesses. My major activity is study and development engineer for Automotive industry. But I'm passionate by the leather work for several years and I made of that a second job.

We work together with Cody, my wife.

Essentialy for equipments of Western Riding and Bikers.

I started working with leather in a completely self-taught way 20 years ago and next I met a lot of interesting people (European and American).

The French have great difficulty sharing their knowledge, they are always afraid that the bread will be taken from their mouths (French expression). Except my Friend Jean-Luc Parisot classic saddlemaker in Saumur.

On the other hand, I found great guys in Switzerland, in Germany and in USA which are always ready to share. They helped me to progress, haved shared with me all their tips. I am very grateful to them. 

Today, we make a lot of chaps (Chaps of  reining, cutting and other one. Armitas, chinks, shotgun and batwing), bridles, Spurs straps, belt, saddle bags, gun holster, knives holster and we do a lot of big western saddle repairs. 

I do all the leather carving and I always try to improve my job.

A few pictures of our workexemple.thumb.jpg.6b832ff0f4eca87f17c61c2216b92843.jpg

Composition1.jpg

Thank you for welcoming me among you

Mich'

Edited by FrenchMich

Hello my friend,

You did it !!!!!!!!

Mich' is real good friend of mine.  He is my reference in leatherwork. He always has good advice and help me when I'm stuggling with some issues. I'm so happy he's here to share is wonderful work and his passion. I told him about this great forum.

Welcome among us my friend

Jesse

Hello & welcome

your English is fine, (much better than my French) :) 

Be very welcome here dear!;)

there is no captcha here!:lol:

Edited by paloma

Welcome to the forum Mich.:thumbsup:

Hello French Mich and welcome to the forum! I'm sure that both your English and your leatherwork are better than mine; nevertheless, you are welcome to such advice and knowledge that I have

Years ago British crafts and industry were secretive and restrictive, but that has improved now. Have a look at these YouTube channels - Ian Atkinson, J H Leather, Nigel Armitage

Nigel Armitage also has a Vimeo channel  where he goes into more detail, but that is about £5/6 euros? per month. However it is very good, with about 100 videos on it, and he is adding more all the time

English is not my native language either, and your English is better than mine, and no one have complained about my grammar. The important thing is that everyone is able to communicate and understand each other.

Really nice work and tooling. Welcome to the forum, I look forward to see more of your work.

Hello,

Thank you very much to all for your welcome and your compliments about my work. Paloma, this world is so little, happy to see you here.

Jesse, here we are in the world and country of leather crafters and saddle makers. Thank you for your words but here we are little beginners.
I didn't look many post, but I already seen some great names.

Mich'

Edited by FrenchMich

Howdy Mich!

Happy to see you here ! See you within three weeks at VVFarm!

Philippe

Hello Mich! I am new to these forums, too - but I am also new to leatherworking, and it is clear that you are an expert! I look forward to learning from your posts (your English is very good) and seeing your latest creations!

Hello,

Alesia, Thank you very much but I'm not an expert, only a little enlightened amateur ...But I try to improve my level each day. I just posted a subject with my methodology to make a belt of chaps. I'm waiting for commentaries for this reason. If we can share it will be with pleasure, everyone can learn from everyone.

Philippe, you are the Philippe that I know from Dude Ranch?

Mich'

Edited by FrenchMich

Hello Mich'

Exactly! I am the Philippe from Dude Ranch and we know each other from years...

Bonjour Mitch!  That's all the French I will butcher in front of you from now on.  ;) (As a child I learned baby French from my Canadian mother). Your leatherwork looks great!

On 8/27/2020 at 5:49 AM, FrenchMich said:

First, I must inform you that my English is very approximativ and if you accept me here, you will have to accept my mistakes and clumsinesses. My major activity is study and development engineer for Automotive industry. But I'm passionate by the leather work for several years and I made of that a second job.

We work together with Cody, my wife.

Essentialy for equipments of Western Riding and Bikers.

I started working with leather in a completely self-taught way 20 years ago and next I met a lot of interesting people (European and American).

The French have great difficulty sharing their knowledge, they are always afraid that the bread will be taken from their mouths (French expression). Except my Friend Jean-Luc Parisot classic saddlemaker in Saumur.

On the other hand, I found great guys in Switzerland, in Germany and in USA which are always ready to share. They helped me to progress, haved shared with me all their tips. I am very grateful to them. 

Today, we make a lot of chaps (Chaps of  reining, cutting and other one. Armitas, chinks, shotgun and batwing), bridles, Spurs straps, belt, saddle bags, gun holster, knives holster and we do a lot of big western saddle repairs. 

I do all the leather carving and I always try to improve my job.

A few pictures of our workexemple.thumb.jpg.6b832ff0f4eca87f17c61c2216b92843.jpg

Composition1.jpg

Thank you for welcoming me among you

Mich'

Nice 48 !!!

Thank you very much Guys, Hi Phil