toxo

Can I move the needle bar?

Just received a new regular foot for my Adler 69 and I'm having a problem with alignment. Was using a zipper foot before so didn't notice it. 

The inner foot looks like it wants to go outboard slightly. Is this doable?

IMG_20200828_140824__01.jpg

You can't move the needle bar no. Just up and down and it will screw up the machines needle hook timing. You can only move the inner foot, but make sure the outer foot are in the right place before tightening the set screw. Its on a square bar but still there can be some wiggling there. Are those aftermarket feet's? My experience is that most feet's needs a little modification before they fit perfectly. However, your needle might also be bent. Put in a new one in to check. It's common to see aftermarket feet's looking like that, Hohsing feet's always looks like that. I think I almost had to modify every one I bought from them. But a genuine DA foot will set you back several hundred dollars each, its worth a little tweaks getting them as cheap as these.

Tor

Edited by Trox

41 minutes ago, toxo said:

Just received a new regular foot for my Adler 69 and I'm having a problem with alignment. Was using a zipper foot before so didn't notice it. 

The inner foot looks like it wants to go outboard slightly. Is this doable?

IMG_20200828_140824__01.jpg

Yea that's typically Hohsing aftermarket feet's. Make the inner foot a little thinner with your grinder/file etc. And turn it to center the needle in the hole.

Tor

Well there is a way of adjusting the needle bar and the feed dog to each other, but they are already perfectly in the middle where they suppose to be. The problem is the feet's aren't accurately made, they need modification. You wouldn't have to do those adjustment's every time you change a foot.

Tor

2 hours ago, Trox said:

Yea that's typically Hohsing aftermarket feet's. Make the inner foot a little thinner with your grinder/file etc. And turn it to center the needle in the hole.

Tor

Yes, I think you're right Tor I did have it turned and it sewed OK. Just needed confirmation before I start shaving bits off. Thank you.

22 hours ago, toxo said:

Yes, I think you're right Tor I did have it turned and it sewed OK. Just needed confirmation before I start shaving bits off. Thank you.

No worries. I don't think I have any sewing machine foot I didn't have to modify.