Maint1517

Belt length measurements and centering names on the back

Can someone please tell me the correct method for getting belt lengths correct? And what is the best way to get names or other stamps centered on the back of the belt?

Buy the Stohlman belt making book from Tandy. Cheap. It will answer your questions and much more. Great investment if you are making belts  -John

This is an easy one . . . take a look at the drawing . . . it pretty much explains it all.

The only difference I make . . . instead of 5 holes for adjustment . . . I give them 7 holes . . . gives room to lose more weight . . . or have another slice or two of pizza.

Oh . . . and the distance from point B to the end of the belt is 9  inches for my belts.  Some make it a bit longer . . . some cut it down.  I think it makes a better looking belt that way . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

BELT MEASURE 2 copy.jpg

Edited by Dwight

On YT look up" measuring for a custom belt" , by Don Gonzales. This should help and good luck with your project.

Nigel Armitage's Vimeo channel has several videos on making a belt, from preparing the pattern and making the measurements, right through to the finished item

There are 100 videos on it at the moment, covering all aspects of leatherwork, with more being added all the time 

It's about £5/$6/6 euros per month

1 hour ago, GatoGordo said:

Don Gonzales has a video that demonstrates how to center a name in the back of a belt.

But narry an English Tip stamp in sight...sigh. They've become affordable, at last.