Sign in to follow this  
tsunkasapa

Is Summer OVER Yet?

I am retired for the most part, but I still do Traffic Control for the company I worked for. That means I handle all the signs, cones, barrels and flaggers for road/street work.

Back in March I set up for an 8 block street improvement job, only to get shut down. After 3 weeks of shut down we were deemed "Essential" and were allowed to go back to work.

Since then I have been doing 55-62 hour (4 day)weeks and have only seen my shop in passing. I haven't been to the range, nor been able to see my grandkids.

I am TOTALLY ready for this summer to end! The sooner the better!

It was 34 degrees here this morning i don't think you have long to wait lol. 

I finally forced myself this summer to establish a healthy running habit. 40 years old and have spent 20 of them claiming to enjoy running but rarely doing it. Anyway, I’m enjoying the slightly cooler weather of the last couple of weeks while dreading the return of the rain. Nothing close to 34 yet here in Washington though!

It was 67 at 5:30 this morning in Yakima. But it's not the temps, I'm just ready for the jobs to be done for the year. Getting a bit crisp around the edges. It's not that I CAN'T keep going, I just don't WANT to. It doesn't help that I don't NEED to.

1 hour ago, tsunkasapa said:

It was 67 at 5:30 this morning in Yakima. But it's not the temps, I'm just ready for the jobs to be done for the year. Getting a bit crisp around the edges. It's not that I CAN'T keep going, I just don't WANT to. It doesn't help that I don't NEED to.

The joke here in Wyoming is we have two seasons, winter and construction season lol The hiways are worked on all summer then closed due to weather most of the winter.

12 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

The joke here in Wyoming is we have two seasons, winter and construction season lol The hiways are worked on all summer then closed due to weather most of the winter.

At some point I was working for a guy from somewhere north in Sweden, he said their summer was pretty unlucky because it fell on a Monday LOL

Well yesterday it was 85 degrees and not a cloud in the sky the temp started dropping about 4 pm  and by dark it was only 45 today there is about four inches of snow on the ground 45 mph winds and all I80 closed. Had some dandy fried green tomatoes last night lol.