MusicCityJen

Wanting to gain any info about this saddle

I recently bought this saddle from an online auction and I am wondering if anyone can provide insight into the kind of saddle it is or history. The leather is in really great shape but I can’t find any markings with a brand or signature of who might’ve made it. Everything seems to be in really great shape except for the velvet covering the seat. With the little research I’ve done, I have a feeling this is a riding saddle for shows. I was wanting to resell it but didn’t know where to price it at.  Any help would be greatly appreciate it. 

075A548D-9081-40CE-943D-9B9664A1A9B1.jpeg

Like that, I could say somebody tried to make a medieval style saddle on the base of western saddle. Maybe for for the show of chivalry.
It make me think (but just little bit) at the old ''Selle à la Française''. 3a25166654ab3224effae94754308b8a.jpg.06e075a1439d7afba4f86769c8c753ce.jpg

This one had made by a good friend of mine. Jean-Luc Parisot English Saddle maker in Saumur France but he also make very nice western saddle.

Mich'

Edited by FrenchMich

6 hours ago, Northmount said:

@MusicCityJen Moved your post to Saddle Identification ...

Tom

Thank you!  Didn’t know where to start. 

9 hours ago, FrenchMich said:

Like that, I could say somebody tried to make a medieval style saddle on the base of western saddle. Maybe for for the show of chivalry.
It make me think (but just little bit) at the old ''Selle à la Française''. 3a25166654ab3224effae94754308b8a.jpg.06e075a1439d7afba4f86769c8c753ce.jpg

This one had made by a good friend of mine. Jean-Luc Parisot English Saddle maker in Saumur France but he also make very nice western saddle.

Mich'

That is some gorgeous work!