dhaverstick

Another pair of moccasins I made

Finished these up Saturday for a friend of mine. My wife cut out my patterns and asked, "Who are you making these for? The Jolly Green Giant?" Dude has a large foundation to stand on! It's a good thing that a bison is a big animal.

These are made from 8 oz. bison hide and are trimmed with New Zealand red deer hide. I sewed everything up by hand using artificial sinew.

6A8huQK.jpg
PryaHaI.jpg
wLKiTNf.jpg

Darren

Those are nice wish I had a friend like you lol.

Gorgeous work there!

1 hour ago, Aven said:

Nicely done. Those look seriously comfortable.

Mind if I ask where you are sourcing the bison from?

Thanks, all! Aven, I normally get my bison hide from https://www.hidehouse.com/ but lately I've been getting some good stuff from https://www.glacierwear.com/

Darren

Those are wonderful!

WOW!

YOur stitching is so very even, it looks like it was done by a machine! Wow, what a lot of work! Is that a cross-stitch?

That is very nice work.  Since you stitched that with artificial sinew, maybe you could answer a question for me.  I have been hand stitching for many years using waxed thread, but it seems that all of it seems to start to unravel after about 15 to 20 stitches.  So, I have been searching the internet, with no results, for how to attach needles to artificial sinew.  Think you could help me?

11 hours ago, casaerwin said:

That is very nice work.  Since you stitched that with artificial sinew, maybe you could answer a question for me.  I have been hand stitching for many years using waxed thread, but it seems that all of it seems to start to unravel after about 15 to 20 stitches.  So, I have been searching the internet, with no results, for how to attach needles to artificial sinew.  Think you could help me?

lacing needles88-1190.SLC.jpg?resizeid=22&resizeh=1200

On 8/31/2020 at 4:36 PM, dhaverstick said:

Finished these up Saturday for a friend of mine. My wife cut out my patterns and asked, "Who are you making these for? The Jolly Green Giant?" Dude has a large foundation to stand on! It's a good thing that a bison is a big animal.

These are made from 8 oz. bison hide and are trimmed with New Zealand red deer hide. I sewed everything up by hand using artificial sinew.

6A8huQK.jpg
PryaHaI.jpg
wLKiTNf.jpg

Darren

Really nice pair. Dude gotta be really huge considering how big this pair ended up being :D