Pinecone

Looking for specific leather

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking to buy the kind of leather (tannery) which was used for that bag on the photo. If anybody knows where I can find it please let me know. 

Thank you in advance, 

Vasilis 

leather 1.jpg

That is difficult for me to guess, though others might know. Is there any additional information you can provide, such as the maker of the bag? Some makers/manufacturers tend to use certain types of leather, so perhaps knowing who made the bag will provide a clue. I am no expert in leather, but the grain looks large, kind of like what I have seen on bison leather. I think the straps might be a different kind of leather from the bag's leather. It is a mystery!

Edited by Alaisiagae

Well I have already asked the makers and they never replied. They're called Go Forth Goods and they're US based. It's written somewhere on their website that it's cow leather even though I discovered that the grain looks like it's bison. Like you said the straps are made out of different leather but I'm looking for the other one. :) If you have any clue, please let me know.Thank you!

Check out Hide House's Grizzly.  It's an oiled leather with a medium soft temper.

https://www.hidehouse.com/Leather/Grizzly-Cow-Full-Grain-Oiled-Finish-GZ13-P.asp

In France, we can find this kind of leather enough easily. I think it's a drummed cow skin (to bring out the graininess and soften the skin). I don't know if it's a good translation, I use Translate google for some translations. 
In French, we say ''Cuir foulonné''. 
The Foulon is a drum within which the dried hides are rotated to make the ''cuir foulonné'' but it also used for wet leather.
Here this kind of leather is upholstery (furniture) skin (peau d'ameublement). It approximately measures 55 sq/ft.
I don't know if it could be interesting to buy it here for USA, we can find it for US4.5$ per Sq/ft (US250$ per hide more shipping cost).

Phew ... difficult exercise, I'm sweating

Mich'

PS : please let me know if you understand what I wrote

Have a look at www.buyleatheronline.com They have a wide range of leathers

I have bought from them, and they are reliable

13 hours ago, Aven said:

Check out Hide House's Grizzly.  It's an oiled leather with a medium soft temper.

https://www.hidehouse.com/Leather/Grizzly-Cow-Full-Grain-Oiled-Finish-GZ13-P.asp

Oh yes! That looks like the one I was looking for! Thank you so much! :) 

3 hours ago, FrenchMich said:

In France, we can find this kind of leather enough easily. I think it's a drummed cow skin (to bring out the graininess and soften the skin). I don't know if it's a good translation, I use Translate google for some translations. 
In French, we say ''Cuir foulonné''. 
The Foulon is a drum within which the dried hides are rotated to make the ''cuir foulonné'' but it also used for wet leather.
Here this kind of leather is upholstery (furniture) skin (peau d'ameublement). It approximately measures 55 sq/ft.
I don't know if it could be interesting to buy it here for USA, we can find it for US4.5$ per Sq/ft (US250$ per hide more shipping cost).

Phew ... difficult exercise, I'm sweating

Mich'

PS : please let me know if you understand what I wrote

Thank you for your detailed reply! Do you have a link for this? It would be helpful. And surely it would be great to find this somewhere from Europe since I live in Europe and the shipping/taxes/customs from the US are killing me everytime. 

2 hours ago, zuludog said:

Have a look at www.buyleatheronline.com They have a wide range of leathers

I have bought from them, and they are reliable

I'll check them out! Thank you so much!

Hi Pinecone,

I didn't see in your profile you live in Greece. At these prices they are little resellers and I don't Know if they Speak English and if they accept to send abroad.
I can send to you the email of my major dealer And/or I can buy and send it for you. 

23 hours ago, FrenchMich said:

Hi Pinecone,

I didn't see in your profile you live in Greece. At these prices they are little resellers and I don't Know if they Speak English and if they accept to send abroad.
I can send to you the email of my major dealer And/or I can buy and send it for you. 

No worries. Well that would be great. But how can I choose if I don't see pictures of it? Do you have any to send me? Or I can contact your supplier and ask him if he can send me some. 

Thank you so much for you help 

Vasilis 

23 hours ago, jcuk said:

Have a look at this site they have a lot more than i have linked.

https://www.pittards.com/shop/shop-leather/hides/saddlery

Hope this helps

JCUK

Thank you! I'll check them out!

By PM

Very nice bag! It seems to me that these are sold on Instagram. You can look for cool boutiques there :)